We love a little too much.

CW/TW: yandere yandere YANDEREEEEES full speed ahead, mentions of bondage and non-graphic fade to black type s0x. Ok? Ok. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

All he wanted in this world was for her highness to look his way

No, that was a bit wrong.

What he actually wanted was for her highness to stop giving those pesky, good for-nothings the time of day and to realize that he was the best pick.

He wanted to be able to press his lips upon the back of her hand, to feel the warmth of her skin slide against his, to be able to hold her so close to him that he could encircle the entirety of her waist in his embrace- to hear her sweet, tempting cries in the night-ah.

He couldn't help but hold the stem of the glass a little too tight and thinks back to when he first met her in the corridor of the palace.

Right then and there he had wanted to ask for her hand in marriage, but he knew his family wasn't on the best of terms with his majesty.

His father was always pressing for him to choose a fianceé, Jennette looked up at him with hopeful eyes, and he turns away from her, pretending he didn't know what she meant when she tugs at his sleeve.

The taste of wine on his lips meant nothing when her highness was so far away. He could still remember the scent of roses when she stood close to him in the library as he held a book in his hands, her hair swaying in the breeze, dust highlighted in the golden light of the sun.

She was always so polite. He adored that about her, but still. He wanted her to call him by his name. How would it sound upon her lips, "Ijekiel."

To be able to call her by her name- "..."

He couldn't say it in his head even now, but still, instead of her highness, he wanted one day to pass the drawn line of courtesy and into familiarity, to love in her voice.

How troublesome. How irksome. How...he wanted to get rid of all the things that were blocking his path to be with her.

He didn't want to wish any misfortune upon her but if she could just take a little fall, for him, oh, how thin her ankles looked from afar- he would dash in and support her with all he had, just so she would be able to be right in his sight.

He hated the flies that buzzed around her every second and wanted nothing more than to be able to use magic to fling them out the arched windows spanning the ballroom. To mangle their bodies until their own families wouldn't be able to tell who they were.

Every potential marriage suitor that had a higher rank than him was unnerving in his eyes. Wishing he could get a rank from achievements on the battlefield was useless when they weren't at war, and he graduated top of his class at the academy but would that be enough?

He hated saying that word. Enough. Nothing about him should be enough for her, he should be perfect in order to be her perfect half. Her one and only.

He would give her everything of himself, with no hesitation in his heart. He would pluck it from his chest should she lay beside him for eternity.

Would use silk ribbons to bind her hands behind her back so he could watch her squirm on their bed until he planted kisses along her back. Would drip red wax over her stomach until she cried for him to stop.

Would interlace their fingers together and watch her sleep at night to make sure she wouldn't try to leave while he slept.

If he could have her all to himself, he would live in a dream until his world died out.

He loved all of her.

He loved her.

He loves her with his whole being.

His.

HishishishishisHISHISHISHISHIS!

Ah- he loves her so much, everything else could burn.

Who's to say, love at first sight, was a lie when he himself was the living embodiment?

At the same time, Athanasia is staring at Ijekiel from the corner of her eye, with the barest ripple in those gem depths as she curls her fingernails into the soft flesh of her palm.

She wanted to caress his hair and twist the silvery strands in her fingers with all the gentleness she could muster. She wanted him to be blindfolded, settled back against silk sheets as she rained down kisses upon flushed skin.

She narrowed her eyes, just a hint of what lay hidden rearing up as she released the pressure on her palm to reveal the deep red crescents about to bear blood.

The Alpheus family had always been so... wealthy. What would happen if she were to take that away?

Athanasia's smile is bright as she entertains a guest, thinking of how desperate Ijekiel might become, perhaps enough to beg for her help in recovering his family's honor.

He would only be able to rely on her then.

She would just bring about...ruin, when it was least expected. She would make him hers.

She was the angelic princess who was perfect in his eyes. Of course, he loved her. If he didn't love her back then what was the point of letting him stay here in Obelia?

So close to her?

If he tried to leave with another girl, she didn't know what she would do. Not really.

Would she drag him back to her side by threatening his father? His place in society? Would she gag him to make sure he would never say anything to her, even if she wouldn't be able to hear his wonderful voice anymore?

Would she chain his legs and feet together so he wouldn't be able to do anything else but look at her? Would she risk crippling him to make sure no one else could have him? 

That no one else...would ever want him, besides her?

Then, would he know that he was indispensable to her? That he was her only? 

That he could never escape from her gaze because she would hold his chain in her hands and whisper to him how much she loved his everything?

What could possibly go wrong when courting true love?

Till death did them part, they think to themselves. And perhaps an eternity after their lives have ended too.

 And perhaps an eternity after their lives have ended too