early rise • 11 •

gajeel's pov

"GAJEEL! GET UP!"

I quickly shot out of my bed, to see my father, Metallica, holding water. "W-Were you going to throw that on me!?" I screamed, he slightly laughed. "Yes, now get your ass up before I eat your delicious breakfast I made." He jokingly said. I groaned and stood up.

My hair was a mess, as usual. Coach Gildarts texted me last night saying to get to school early, to tell me something. I wonder if anyone else is going.

I do my normal morning routine, and go to eat my breakfast my dad made. As I was walking through the hallway, I saw the picture of my mom, my dad and I. My mom died when I was 7 years old, from a unknown sickness. It sadden everyone, especially me.

I ate my breakfast with ease and I was about to leave until my dad stopped me. "Why you leaving so early, kid?" He asked, I swung my hair around to look at him. "Coach wanted us to go early today for some damn reason." I said, grabbing my black backpack. "Language Gajeel." He said, laughing. I smiled at my dad. "See ya' pops." I said, leaving the house.

• levy's pov •

"GET UP, GET UP, GET UP! Wow, what did you eat last night Lu-chan?"

BAM!

"Owwwww~ Lu-chan~!"

"You know, you don't have to be rude Levy-chan!"

Lucy just slapped me since I called her fat. I began laughing as well as Lucy. "Coach texted me saying to go to school early today for some basketball stuff." I said, poking her.

"Do we have to~?" She said, dragging the o.

"Yes, it must be important since it's first meeting." I said, she pouted and sat up from her bed. "Want me to ask dad to make us breakfast?" I asked, she nodded and checked her phone. "Three miss calls from Natsu at 11:11PM?" She questioned, I smirked before leaving the room to my dad.

"Good morning, Father." I said, grabbing waffles and an apple. "Why are you and Lucy up so early?" He asked, I froze for a second. Should I tell him that Lucy and I joined the girls basketball team?

"Father, there's something Lucy and I need to tell you. Lu-chan!! Come down for a sec'!" I yelled at her. She groaned and walked out, carrying her phone. "Let's tell dad about what happened on our first day yesterday. What Coach Gil- I-I mean, what Mr. Clive asked us." I said, she widen her eyes. "A-Alright." She said.

"Father, Levy-chan and I, we.." Lucy began, nudging me to go on. "We joined the girls basketball team." I finished, quickly.

"You did, yes?" He hesitated, I nodded. He stood up. "Levy, Lucy. I will allow it. But, if it gets in the way of your grades at all, you will immediately quit the team. Got it?" He demanded. I nodded. "Yes, Father." Lucy and I said.

"Now, I'll go make us some fresh French Toast, yes?" He said, smiling.

gajeel's pov

"Hey! What are you doing here?"

I saw Natsu pulling up in his car to the front of the school. I was on my motorcycle, as usual. "Coach Gildarts texted me last night to come early today!!" He yelled through the window, as he parked his car.

I got off my motorcycle and started walking towards him. "You too? He texted me as well. Do you think he texted the rest of the team as well?" I asked, he raised one of his eyebrows. "It's a possibility. Well, let's get going. Did he say where to meet him?" Natsu asked, I shook my head. "Must be in the gym or his office. Let's check his office first." I said, he nodded, as we began walking.

"So, Natsu. You and Lucy, eh?" I smirked, a small tint of pink went to his cheeks.

"Yo, man! I don't love her or anything, she's just a pretty awesome chick. Amazing at basketball as well. It's just, I feel like she's going to be an amazing best friend, aight?" He explained, I laughed and nudged him.

"What about you and Levy?" He asked, I let out a small chuckle.

"I don't love her either. Like you said, even though she's a shrimp, she's a pretty cool chick. Also good at basketball, I mean, seriously! It was awesome man!! She's going to be an interesting bait to play with." I joked around. Natsu laughed at my comment, as we reached his office.

We opened the door, and saw Gildarts sitting down, looking at paperwork.

"Guys! Come in, take a seat, I'll talk to you in a moment. Get some coffee, it's an Early Rise today, eh?"

levy's pov

"Lu-chan! We're going to be late! Hurry!" I said, running into the school. We ran all the way from home, we were to busy eating food. We weren't looking at the time.

"I'm running here too!" She yells, as we collapsed on the bench out front. "W-Where did he say to meet him?!" Lucy breathes out. I gasped for breath, as I checked my phone. "H-He said his office! I-Isn't it near the gym? All the way across school?!" I screamed, she widen her eyes.

"ITS ALL THE WAY ACROSS SCHOOL!"

"C'mon Luce! W-We got this!"

We started running again. As we started coming closer to Coach Gildarts office, I heard footsteps in the gym. Loud ones.

"Shoot it!" Whiss. "Yes!!"

"People came early also? To play basketball?" Lucy questioned, I shrugged as I opened his office. Coach Gildarts was drinking coffee as he was also holding two green jerseys.

"Ladies. Right in time. You may get a cup of coffee or water. Then please, take a seat."

I got up to get coffee for Lucy and I. I quickly grabbed it and handed one to Lucy. The taste of it woke me up. "Refreshing.. Thanks Coach!" I said, he laughed.

He pressed a button on his computer. "Boys, come on in." He said, then let go. I nudged Lucy. "Boys?" I questioned, she shrugged.

"Girls, before you have your first practice. I got the two best players on the boys basketball team, to teach you the main and hardest basics of the game. You'll always need your head in the game, got it?" He said, pointing at us.

I nodded then widen my eyes. "Two best players.." Lucy and I said at the same time. Lucy widen her eyes too. Then the doors open, showing the two best players.

"Natsu and Gajeel have to teach us?!"

"We have to teach Lucy and Levy?!"