fateful encounter • 2 •

Lucy's PoV-
"I wondered what happened with Levy-chan and that other guy. He was pretty big compared to her, but she probably thought of something." I muttered under my breath, looking for the biology room. I found it soon enough and walked in, seeing a big crowd of girls around one table.

All I could hear from the girls was "Where's Natsu?!" and it was kind of bothering me. I groaned quietly and sat down in an empty seat.

The bell rung and I silently prayed that Levy-chan got to class safe. The teacher walked in and they seemed pretty normal for this school. The girls finally shut up, and I was curious to who this guy was.

"Morning class, how are you all doing?" Everyone stayed silent

"Now, we're going to be starting off this new semester with a project." The class groaned but I stayed silent. "You're going to be partnered up with someone, of my choice that is, and you'll be studying the cells and genetics of the body and creating a poster of the human body and cells that are located in it, but it will be due by the end of the semester." Everyone was silent, as was I.

"But today, we have a new transfer student, would Lucy Heartfilia come up here?" He asked and I slowly got up and walked towards the front. Everyone stared at me. I couldn't find my words.

Before I could say anything, a boy walked in. He had pink hair, basically a salmon pink. He was smiling and I couldn't help but blush, seeing how happy and bright it looked. He looked over at me for a second and I glanced away, not wanting him to know I was staring at him. He looked pretty average for a teenage male, probably taller than me.

Most of the girls started whispering and they were shushed by the teacher. "Nice to see you Natsu." The teacher commented.

"Sorry for being late Mr. Conbolt, I had to meet up with Coach Gildarts, but he excused me."

"It's fine Natsu, just sit down please." The boy nodded and sat down.

"Could you tell us about you?" The teacher continued.

"Hi everyone, I'm Lucy and I'm new obviously. I moved from Blue Pegasus to here." I said and some people nodded. I was excused to sit down and as I walked to my seat, I met eyes with the boy. I blushed again, smiling at him, and he did the same. I felt glares directed towards me and I sighed. "Ok, time to choose partners." He put his finger on a paper he had, which I guessed had the names and he started to announce people's names.

"Cana and Loke. Laki and Kinana. Jet and Droy. Bickslow and Lisanna." I swore I thought I heard from behind me a groan from a girl. Maybe she wanted to be partnered up with someone else. Probably the pink haired guy.

I layed my head on the desk, sighing softly as he continued to call out names. I didn't hear my name yet, so I kept my head down.

"And finally, Natsu and Lucy." My head popped up and I felt stares directly at me. I didn't choose to be partners with him! Hell, stare at the teacher, not me! He's the one who chose the partners!!

I saw from the corner of my eye Natsu or whatever sit next to me.

"Yo, you're Lucy right? I'm Natsu!" He said cheerfully, making me nervous. Why did I feel this way? He's just another guy.

"Yeah, nice to meet you Natsu." I replied softly, giggling softly.

Natsu's PoV-
"Hey Coach Gildarts!" I practically yelled, walking into the office.

"Hey Natsu, I'm glad you could make it!" He said, spinning in his chair.

"Yeah, I was wondering why you wanted to see me."

"It's about the basketball team. We need more people to join. As you might have known, some kids were injured. Both by the sport and another cause, but we need you and Gajeel to advertise the team so more kids can join." I nodded

"I'll talk to Gajeel during English today!" Gildarts nodded, a small laugh leaving his lips.

"I knew I could count on you Natsu, now get to class. I heard there's two new students and we want to leave a good impression on them, don't we?" I left the office and ran to my class as quick as possible. When I walked in, there stood Mr. Conbolt and a girl I haven't seen before.

I heard whispers from the girls sitting down, but I didn't know what to say or do.

"Nice to see you Natsu." I heard him say.

"Sorry for being late Mr. Conbolt, I had to meet up with Coach Gildarts, but I'm here!"

"It's fine Natsu, just sit down please." I nodded and walked towards my seat, sitting down. I looked up at the girl as she continued to tell about herself.

"Hi everyone, I'm Lucy and I'm new obviously. I moved from Blue Pegasus to here." I heard the girl say. Her voice was actually kind of cute.

'What the?' I thought to myself. She was excused back to her seat and as she started to walk back, I met eyes with her and gave her my signature smile. She smiled back, making me happy.

"Ok, time to choose partners." I heard the teacher say and I tilted my head. "Why do we need partners?" I asked myself quietly.

"We're doing a project." A girlish voice said from behind me.

"Thanks." I muttered as the teacher began to call out names.

"Cana and Loke. Laki and Kinana. Jet and Droy. Bickslow and Lisanna." And the names continued on until the last pair was finally called.

"And finally, Natsu and Lucy." My eyes widened and I felt my cheeks heat up. I stood up and walked over to where she was, sitting in the seat next to her.

"Yo, you're Lucy right? I'm Natsu!" I said cheerfully, hoping to make a good impression. She seemed kind of nervous, but I had no idea why.

"Yeah, nice to meet you Natsu." She said, giggling after. Damn was she cute. I mentally slapped myself. Sheesh was I stupid for thinking those things.

~middle of period, Lucy's PoV~
I looked down at my phone and texted Levy-chan, telling her to meet in the bathroom. She texted almost immediately sure and I asked if I could go to the bathroom

"Sure Ms. Heartfilia." The teacher said, not really paying attention. I rushed out of the room and headed towards the bathroom, seeing Levy there already.