new ship • 8 •

Lucy's PoV-
Levy scored the slam dunk, our team and the boys cheering us on. I started to cheer Levy on as we fist bumped. "Hey!" Natsu said cheerfully, walking behind me and slinging his arm around me. "I didn't know you and Levy could do that." He looked at, raising his eyebrow. I giggled. "Levy and I used to play basketball in our free time really back at our old school." He nodded and was still amazed.

We heard Mira yell something then Gajeel yell something back and we couldn't help but laugh also. "Wait, so since when has Mira been the match maker?" I asked. He tapped a finger against his chin then shrugged. "She just always has, even in elementary school. In elementary school was when she began to ship Erza and Jellal and look at them. All we can do is hope that she doesn't ship us." He removed his arm quickly just before Mira looked over. "And lets just say, when she starts shipping something, she win't stop until its become official." He whispered.

Coach Gildarts clapped his hands together. "Time for the second round girls, then it's time for boys again!" He yelled and we all set back up again. This time, Lisanna was glaring at me even more and the Daphne girl was giving dirty looks towards Levy. I clenched my fist, wanting to hit them both in their faces. "Calm down." I muttered under my breath as Erza and now a different girl, I think it was Minerva we're going up. "Ready," Gildarts whispered. "GO!" He yelled and threw the ball up, but I could tell that Minerva cheated, letting her team get the ball first. Minerva threw the ball to Yukino, a girl who didn't seem like she wanted any trouble. Maybe she was one of the good people on this school.

She bounced the ball then looked around, passing it to Daphne. Levy ran up to her, blocking her. I stayed with Lisanna, as every person on our team got their own person also. I felt something hit me in the back and I was stunned for a few seconds as Lisanna got away. I took a deep breath before running after Lisanna, the pain killing me. 'I'm not letting her get the ball!' I mentally yelled to myself as Daphne threw the ball at her. I ran faster and hit the ball away from Lisanna right before she got it. I held the ball then began to bounce it, the pain still hurting. I looked up and saw Natsu looking at me with a smile that I knew I couldn't disappoint. 'For Natsu!' I began to ran, bouncing the ball at the same speed as I ran down the court. "Mira!" I yelled and passed it to her. She caught the ball and bounced it, looking for who to pass it to.

Lisanna stood in front of me, blocking me from the ball. I ran to the side, Lisanna not noticing yet. I kept running and noticed Juvia now had the ball. "Juvia!" I yelled and she looked over, then threw the ball. I was half a court away from the net. I caught the ball before Lisanna got to me and I began to run, dribbling the ball. I was closer to the net now, and I jumped up, throwing the ball. I bit my lip as the ball rolled around the plastic orange circle. The ball went in and I turned to see Natsu not paying attention. I clenched my fist as my team ran up and hugged me. I couldn't focus, mostly because I was angry at Natsu. Gildarts said he would be back in a few minutes so we had time to socialize. Jellal and Erza began to talk with Mirajane. Gray and Juvia talked, Levy and Gajeel also, leaving Natsu and I.

He walked over, smiling adorably. God damn him! "Congrats Luce! I didn't know you were that good!" I rolled my eyes, staying silent. "What's wrong?" He asked, causing me to huff. "You weren't paying attention when I shot the ball into the basket."

"And you didn't do that with me."

"Yes I did you dummy!"

"No you didn't."

"Yes I di-"

I felt his arms wrap around me as he began to laugh. My cheeks heated up. "No you didn't Luce, and that was payback." He muttered. I looked around and saw no one paying attention to us. I sighsd, happy that we were free for a few seconds, but I would've rather had him let go of me sooner. 'If Mira sees us like this..' I thought. Of course Mira had to look over and I saw her face light up. I squirmed to get out of his arms but he wouldn't let go. I could see Mira saying something to Erza and Jellal in a quiet tone, and they looked over. I could see Erza smiling towards us, mostly at Natsu though. I broke free of his arms, the blush even more noticable. I'm just thankful Mira didn't yell anything.

I huffed again, the blush slowly dying down. "I hate you." I muttered under my breath. "No ya don't." He said, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. Gildarts walked back in, a devilish grin plastered on his face.

"Since we have a lot of time left, and some of us are tired of basketball, how about we play an old school game? Dodgeball." He said as everyone began to cheer. I looked towards Levy who had the same reaction as me. "Girls vs guys." He yelled then set up everything. All the girls stood on the left as the boys got the right.

Natsu's PoV-

I stood in between Gray and Gajeel. I looked back, seeing Lucy looking at me also. "Good luck." She mouthed then winked and I looked away then up at Gajeel who was chuckling quietly at me. "Shut up metal head."

"What did you call me salamander?"

"You really want to g-"

"Stop it Natsu and Gajeel!" Gildarts yelled at us. We looked down, muttering stuff under our breaths. Ive known Gajeel since it felt like forever. We were pretty damn close, but we still argued sometimes. Whether it be the stupidest things, we would still have different opinions on it. But we did a pretty good job working together in basketball to be honest though. I looked around at our team, having a good feeling about this.

"Everyone ready?" Gildarts yelled and we all answered with a yes back.

"Ready, set.." I got ready.

"GO!"