dodgeball • 9 •

levy's pov

I stared at our team, actually thinking we're going to win. We have Erza, Mira, Juvia and more.. we're going to be fine. "Hey! Levy-chan, do you actually think we are going to win?" Lucy said, shrugging. I sighed deeply. "We have strong people, such as Erza and Mirajane, who are the strongest females. As well as Juvia, but look at us. We never used to play Dodgeball all the time." I said, she nodded and looked around.

Natsu smirked at Lucy. She flipped her hair back. I laughed at her. "Alright kids, first things first, no head shots. Neck and below-" Coach Gildarts got cut off by Gajeel. "What if you get hit in the man area." He said, crossing his arms. Everyone began to laugh loudly. "Still counts." Gildarts said, without hesitation. "WHAT!" All of the boys screamed. "YES!" All of us girls shouted while laughing. "We got this! Just aim for the man area!" Erza yelled, high-fiving Mirajane.

The boys groaned loudly. "Oi shrimp, don't you dare!" Gajeel yelled across the room. I smirked slowly. "We'll see about that." I said, slowly walking over to the edge of the court. "Same thing to you, Luce!" Natsu yells, Lucy laughs evilly.

"Alright guys, hardest balls are in the center. Softer ones are on the end." Gildarts said, he eyed both of the teams.

"Hard to tell which team will win, to be honest. Seeing how well Heartfilia and McGarden's skills were in basketball." He said, smiling at Lucy and I. We blushed in embarrassment. "T-Thanks Coach!" We yelled. He laughed. "See me after class, please." We nodded.

"Alright teams, on the edge of the court." He said, our team was already on the edge. The boys were trying to cheat by being in the court. "Gray! Get cha' head in the game!" Gildarts yelled, as Gray groaned and went behind the line. "Ready.." He prepared to blow his whistle.

Pheee!

"BEGIN!"

I quickly sprinted to the middle of the court and grabbed the hardest ball I could. I need to be safe, of course! Luckily, our team had four hard balls and the other had two. "G-Gajeel has the hard ball!" Lucy whispered to me, holding one of the softer ones.

"LEVY WATCH OUT!"

Erza screamed over, without thinking, I quickly dropped down the ground. The hard ball flew over my head. It bounced as Mirajane grabs it before it gets out of the court. Gajeel whistles at me. "Nice dodge, shorty. Watch your back. Gihee." He said, walking back to his teammates.

Before I got up, Natsu suddenly appeared in front of me. "Got ya' McGarden!" Natsu said, smirking. I widen my eyes as Natsu was about to throw the ball. I closed my eyes as I heard someone being hit, and a grunt. I opened my eyes and saw Natsu gripping his man area, as the ball Lucy had was out of her hands, and on the floor next to Natsu. "Natsu! Out!" Gildarts said, pointing to the end of the court. He widen his eyes and continuing gripping. I laughed really loud.

Then, a ball to the face was flying towards Lucy. I got up quickly and grabbed it. The ball didn't bounce on the ground, so whoever threw it was out.

"Gajeel, OUT!"

I got Gajeel out?

I mentally smirked to myself and laughed evilly. "MCGARDEN!" He screamed, throwing his headband to the ground. I laughed as Lucy breathed out. "T-Thanks!" She cheered, ruffling my hair. I smiled at her as we continued playing the game.

- time skip -

"GIRLS WIN!"

We all screamed and starting high-fiving each other. "YES! IN YOUR FACE!" I yelled at Gajeel, he smirked and laughed. "Good game shorty." He said, people stared at me in disgust as I was talking to him. "Ignore them." He said, ruffling my hair. I nodded. The bell rung, as Lucy and I stayed behind since Gildarts wanted to talk to us.

"What did you need to talk to us about?" Lucy asked, as Gildarts put a paper in front of us. It read, tryouts. "I want you girls to join the girls basketball team."

"What?!"