Bad day (Craigson)

9/17/22

Another school day ended for the day, Craig groaned kicking whatever useless thing on the ground. He kicked, rocks, leafs and whatever he could find. A bad day at school is what's eating him alive, but now it was time to meet up with his boyfriend, Jason.

When he was still kicking stuff, he didn't realize he had now kicked a bigger rock and stubbed his toe. He yelled and lightly shook his foot, "When they say 'Kick rocks' I don't think they mean stub your toe"Jason joked sitting crisscross on the grass. Craig had gotten so caught up in kicking anything on the ground he hadn't realized he had made it to where Jason wants to meet. "Very funny...I had the worst day before coming here"Craig groaned then sat beside Jason. "When I woke up this morning, a spider was crawling all over my desk and got it's nasty webs on my phone, we were out of my favourite cereal so I had to eat the dry cereal my mom brought and the milk spilled on me, then at school we had a surprise quiz, we got a project and the deadline is ridiculous and at lunch I stepped in gum...Ugh! I wish it was summer again already...".

Craig plopped down backwards onto Jason's lap and let Jason pat his forehead. The touch felt nice and comforting, guess that was all Craig needed after his bad day. Just when Jason was gonna say something, Craig got up from Jason's lap and spoke. "No, I shouldn't be complaining, you're going through worse. You have it harder than me and I just sound like a complainer, what am I doing?! You're the one that's supposed to be venting not me!".

After listening to his boyfriend scold himself verbally and mentally, Jason blinked his eyes and stared at Craig. "Craig, are you my boyfriend or my therapist?"Jason asked "Your boyfriend"Craig answered feeling confused by the question. "Exactly, don't think your issues aren't valid just cause I have my own at home, you are free to vent or rant when you wanna and I can do vice versa, with permission before doing so of course"Jason said and Craig simply nodded. "C'mon, since you're having a rough day I can show you something that I do when I'm having a bad day"Jason said getting up.

Craig did what Jason told him and they walked to a creek holding hands, since Jason knew that always made Craig feel better. When they got to the creek, Jason slipped off his shoes and mix matched socks then stepped into the creek, Craig did the same. "I used to just run in this creek and play in the water when I got alone, sometimes Boris and Tony would join me but today is just you and me"Jason smiled putting some of the water from the creek in his palms then dropped it back in the creek, water splashing on his knees.

Eventually, Craig was holding onto Jason's hand and they were running together in the creek, their legs splashing the water everywhere. While running around in the creek for who knows how long, in the sky it started sprinkling. "Ah man..."Groaned Craig "Well, without rain we wouldn't have rainbows or the pretty plants in this creek"sighed Jason then walked out the creek to get his socks and shoes back on. "You sound like my mom..."Craig lightly laughed walking in the water towards his shoes splashing Jason.

When they both got their shoes on, they both walked home. But before leaving, Jason gave Craig a little reminder, "You know Craig, sometimes days are just bad, but you can make them better like this one".

"I think Jason just made my bad day into a good day by just being there...".