Jace: not as bad as East did.  Who was the yellow bitch with him?

Kendra: Yas or some shit. I have no idea who that hoe was.

Jace: you think that was his bitch ?

Kendra: Gurl nah! trust me. If  he brought her there it was to make you jealous! We all know that boy in love with you.

Jace: whatever!

Kendra: I'm sorry did you not see East smack the plaque off Jason's teeth for yo ass! Deleon said he never seen East lose it like that.

Jace: I'm embarrassed...I made us look...crazy, in front of the whole hood.

Kendra: first of all! You don't need to be embarrassed! Jason & Toya should be! We got something for that hoe when she drop that baby.

Jace: I'm coo..would it be weird to tell you I was relieved...like Jason is officially off my hands.

Kendra: hell nah that's why we celebrating.

She passes me the pre roll.

Jace: you still pissed at Deleon?

Kendra: nah....they niggas you know they don't like being involved in female drama prolly didn't think it was they place.

Jace: yea... you right

I inhale & pass it back to Kendra. She sits up.

Kendra: so it's time for the real question...East or August?

Jace: mann come on!

Kendra: August is back East got some competition.

Jace: it's no competition Ken.

Kendra: girl you grown now not 17 years old.

Jace: that man does not want me! (Laugh)

Kendra: he popped your cherry & has your name tattooed on his neck.

Jace: yea! Years ago! We lied to them we lucky we walked away in one piece. They could've put our social security numbers on the black market or somethin.

Kendra laughs then her face turns serious.

Kendra: I'm only telling you this cause you ma best friend.

Jace: why you get all serious all of a sudden (laugh)

Kendra: I love you..but you could be bad for business.

I put my shot glass down.

Jace: what the fuck are you talkin bout?

Kendra: Jace...East is involved with things you can't even imagine. That little money they stole from the bank was pocket change compared to what East has. Deleon doesn't tell me much but from I've ear hustled...East ain't no muthafuckin Ghost or Franklin. He has connections. I'm talkin off shore accounts, bitcoin, stocks, different aliases. Mikael and Deleon don't even know where he lives. They have businesses. Mikael owns a bar on the north side. Deleon as we all know is in charge of the d boys on the west...but he's working on something bigger but I just don't know what...all the money that they took from the bank all went to Deleon.

Then where did my 20,500 come from...

Silence.

Jace: wh- I - ....what does this have to do with me how am I bad for business?

Kendra: East is a puppet master he pulls strings BEHIND the scenes he works in the BACKGROUND. What happened today put him on the frontlines...him defending you was a statement.