CHAPTER NINE: Your Plot :)

I'M SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING. Like I said before, I'm still really busy, and time is annoying. Don't worry, I will explain myself. So first of all, I've had a ton of homework lately, and my class has a sort of class pet(s) thing and I'm literally the only one who gives a fudge about them so I have to stay after school to take care of them, and I have a classmate that's in the hospital right now, so I had to fold a lot of these origami cranes. (It's a Japanese thing) and I have to pick up my sister at 5:30,, and that means that I have to leave the house at 5:00, and by the time I get home it's already 4:00. And I need to do my homework and fold the cranes. So yeah. I've been extremely busy, and I swear to the fandom that I will post this today. Even if I means that I have to stay up till 3:00 AM.

AND I WILL PROBABLY MAKE UP FOR LOST CHAPTERS THIS WEEKEND BC I HAVE MONDAY OFF.

If you are someone to warn your readers before they start to read your book that it's going to be cliché, the first part does not apply to you. Same goes if you really like writing cliché.

Again, this will be another romance related chapter.

So yes, I did write a chapter like this before, but I decided that there was a few very important things missing.

For example:

DON'T MAKE YOUR STORY TOO CLICHÉ

Don't you dare make your story cliché. Why? Because your readers will already know exactly what's going to happen. And what's the fun in that? You can predict exactly what's going to happen next, and there's no fun in that. It will be boring, and your readers wouldn't be as invested in the book, and there wouldn't contain as much of your blood, sweat, and tears. And your readers can tell if there is or not. So work hard on not making it cliché. Kill some characters. Have a question lingering in the air after you finish, so if you decide to write a sequel, your readers will be swarming it.

Okay, I'm going to give you a few hints on clichés that you should definitely avoid, and the tropes that are adorably cliché but will not take a toll on the story. And what not to do with those tropes.

But I'm also going to be listing clichés that are beloved by literally everyone, and how you can twist it into a trope that doesn't give away your story.

So. Don't do the following.

Bad boy and good girl. 

Look, I'm sick of reading about arrogant, rude, sarcastic, spoiled, rich, teenage boys with black hair and blue eyes who are secretly sweethearts.

And I'm sick of short girls also with blue eyes, strait A's, no friends, gorgeous faces, with not even a wisp of an idea of a reputation.

This is what those books go like:

Girl: Wakes up

goes to school

talks about her tragic past

bumps into notorious bad boy

admires his glorious blue eyes

coincidentally gets into same class

is forced to spend more time together

slowly grows closer

confessions

kiss

uncovers gigantic game changing secret that destroys their relationship

both ignoring each other

make up, make out

The end. Happily ever after.

I dare you to pick at random ten badboyxgoodgirl books and I guarantee that five out of ten of those books will follow that. Three of those might be discontinued.