Chapter 18

I opened my eyes Saturday morning and immediately smiled. I sat up and started getting dressed. I had to make breakfast for my parents before I did anything else so I ran downstairs and pulled out the supplies.

I was humming slightly and smiling just from thinking. After breakfast was done I ran back upstairs to do homework. I still had a few hours before I was supposed to meet with Marcus.

I sat down at my desk and quickly did my math and science homework. When I finished I glanced at the clock. 10:12am. I sighed. I still had hours before leaving.

I did more homework and cleaned my room. Not that it was all that dirty, my parents insisting I keep their house clean including my room. When I was done I put on my new clothes.

I surveyed myself in the bathroom mirror and nodded in approval. I was wearing the purple shirt with the white skinnies and black shoes. I also had on the scarf that Cally had got me and one of my old black jackets.

I glanced out the window. It was snowing outside and I smiled. It was almost like a dream or a fairytale, everything so perfect. I ran a comb through my hair and headed for the stairs.

I put my hand on the door nobb and took a deep breath. As I turned it a voice asked, "Where are you going?"

I froze, dread filling my every bone. I cleared my throat as I slowly turned to my mother. "Sch-school."

She scoffed. "It's a Saturday, moron."

I swallowed. "I have a project that I have to do. A friend is meeting me-"

"You're not allowed to have friends. They fill your idiotic brain with crap that only makes you dumber." She snapped. "Go to your room."

I stood tall and clenched my fists. "I have to do this project or I'll fail class. I-"

"Then fail but, you're not leaving this house." She growled.

"But-" I started to protest but, she cut me off by slapping me. I backed up, whimpering in pain. She stepped towards me and gripped my hair. "You're not leaving this house. I'll make sure of that." She hissed.

She dragged my outside throught the bright, white snow and towards the cellar. "No! Mom, please! I'm not going to-" I gasped as she shoved me down the stairs.

I groaned and looked up. My mother glared down at me. "Your father will be hearing about this."

I ran up the stairs as she slammed it closed and I banged on the door. "Wait! Please! Let me out!" I yelled.

I heard her walked away and then all was silent. I ran back down the stairs and looked around for anything I could use to get out. I had to get out.

As I searched I heard the squeak and then bamg as the door was flung open again. Light flooded in and I turned to see my father coming down towards me. "Please..." I prayed.

*******

(Marcus's POV)

I glanced at my watched as I walked through the snow, it crunching under my feet. I was headed over to the park. It was cold but, I barely felt it, my happiness keeping me warm.

I saw the park and jogged the rest of the way. I was early but, I was okay with that. It would give me a chance to calm down from my excitement before Eliot got there.

I sat down on one of the benches and smiled while I watched families play with their kids, singing and running around giggling.

Everytime someone came to the park I jumped up hoping it was Eliot but, it never was. It was always just a new family or some teenagers, people who I either didn't know or could care lass about talking to. After about an hour I frowned and glanced at my watch again. It was past twelve and Eliot still wasn't there.

He's probably just a little late.

I wrapped myself tighter in my jacket and pulled my legs up to my chin to help keep me a little warmer. As the time passed I slowly grew discouraged.

The sun started to set and I watched all the remaining families leave and go home. I decided to wait just a little longer. I knew he'd come. He said he would.

The sun slowly dissappeared behind the trees and it got colder and colder, my spirits dropping with every degree. My watch read 11:56pm and I stood up. I pulled the small yellow sticky note from my pocket and stared at it.

Then I frowned and glared at it. "I get the message."

I dropped the piece of paper in the snow and started the short but, bitter and cold walk home. Alone.

*******

(Eliot's POV)

My eyes popped open and I sat up. I winced and held my stomach. I faintly remembered what had happened the few hours before and felt fresh tears coming on. I must have passed out from the beating I received from my father.

My clothes were dirty and covered in blood from my dad's blows. I had several new bruises and my lip had a cut. There was also a tear in my white pants, my knee scraped to oblivion from the rough concrete floor.

It was quiet in the cellar and I knew I was completely alone. I hugged my knees in, cold from the draft that came in from outside.

I felt warm tears fall down my cheeks. I hadn't gotten to the park. I wondered if Marcus was still waiting there for me. Maybe.

I sighed and wiped my tears away. I didn't know what time it was. Probably past midnight. I felt horrible, mentally and physically. My whole body ached and I wanted to start crying.

At some point I fell asleep. I woke up and looked around, the sound of the morning bustle coming from the cellar door above me. I stood up and pushed the now unlocked doors open.

The first thought that went through my head was to go to the park. I limped my way there as best I could, ignoring the pain in my side and the cold on my scraped knee.

I got to the park and looked around. I didn't see Marcus and my hope completely dissolved. I stomped through the snow and came to a stop in the middle of the park.

I bit my lip to keep from crying and just closed my eyes. Something brished my leg and I looked down to see something yellow laying in the snow by my feet.

I nelt down and picked up the familiar yellow sticky note. I couldn't read it through the tears that blurred my vision but, I knew what it was and how it got there.

I sat down in the snow, not caring if I got my clothes wet or dirty, and just cried my heart out. Or... what was left of it anyways.

*******

Hey everyone! I'm so sorry... I just ruined your day, didn't I...? I had no intention of making any of you cry so if I did I am truly sorry. It has to be this way though. You'll see why soon so don't be too mad at me. I love all of you and the book still has quite a few chapters left so it's not over yet. Hope you enjoyed this chapter! AS ALWAYS VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW AND STAY AWESOME!

-Nekoco