Chapter 11

(Eliot's POV)

I opened my eyes and looked around, half awake. It took me a minute or two to realize where I was. I sat up and noticed Marcus wasn't in the room.

Standing up I walk to the small bathroom that was connected to Marcus's room. I peeked in and saw it was empty. I walked in and went to the bathroom, washing my hands when I was done.

Going back into the bedroom I sat down on the bed. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I felt myself falling back to sleep but, I didn't bother to lay back down.

"Do you always sleep sitting up?"

My eyes popped open and I saw Marcus standing in the doorway and grin on his face. I blushed. "No..."

He chuckled and walked into the room, sitting down at his desk and turning his chair to face me. "Did you sleep okay?"

I nodded. "Yeah. Thanks for letting me stay the night."

He shrugged. "No problem. Glad you came. You're not planning to leave now though, are you?"

I looked down. "I should get home. If... If I stay out too long I might get in trouble."

He frowned. "I don't want you to go back to that house. It's not a home that someone like you should live in."

"What do you mean 'someone like me'?" I asked slightly irritated.

"You need a real family. Someone to love you. Not that place."

I frowned. "It's not like I want to go back."

"Then why do you."

I paused. "You wouldn't understand." I said quietly.

He sighed. "You and your secrets. Well, at least hang out for a little bit. It's a Saturday so we don't really have anything to do."

"I don't know what we would do."

He was about to reply when the door burst open and his mom came in singing. "Hey! I just got a call from my friend asking if we'd like to help her decorate her house for the party she's hosting tonight!"

Marcus didn't look very enthusiastic. "But, mom, we were about to hang out."

"Then you can hang out while putting up fluff and ruffles!" She said with a smile. Then she turned to me. "Is that okay with you, Sweetheart?"

I glanced at Marcus and he was sending me signals to say no but, it sounded like fun. So I shot him a quick smile of apologie before saying, "Absolutely. I would love to help."

Marcus's mom's face light up. "Really? That'a great! Hurry and throw some shoes on and we'll go!" Then she bounced out of the room.

Marcus scowled. "Why did you agree to go? Now, we'll be there all day."

"You said you wanted to hang out."

"That is not what I meant." He grumbled.

I laughed and stood up. "Well, I could have said no and gone home. Then you wouldn't have gotten to spend any time with me."

He rolled his eyes but, slipped his shoes on. I did the same and we headed downstairs.

"You guys ready to head out?" Marcus's mother called from the kitchen.

"Yeah." Marcus replied.

She came out and smiled. "Okay. Let's go then."

We all got in the car and she drove us to her friend's house. When we got there her friend was super excited to have all the help.