Chapter 9

I frowned. "I thought you wanted to shop."

We were standing in front of the mall's movie theater looking at the different selections of movies.

Marcus shrugged. "I didn't really want to shop. I kinda just wanted to hang out and do something fun."

I puffed. "You know, I won't go in there with you."

He frowned. "Why?"

"Because it will be dark and you'll probably do something dirty and no one will see it so no one will know to stop you."

"I wouldn't do that!" He made a hurt face.

I crossed my arms. "Sure. Just like you didn't do it when we were in the bathroom at school or when you said you only wanted to show me your room."

He grumbled. "Sorry. But, i promise i won't do anything dirty to you."

I narrowed my eyes and looked him up and down. "I hate trusting you but, i need to get home so i guess it's no use arguing." I sighed. "Fine."

He grinned. "You're easier to pursuade than i thought."

I stepped on his foot. "Just pick a movie."

He chuckled, a slight whimper of pain mixed in. "What do you want to see?"

I looked over the movies. "I don't want something girly or something scary. Pick something with action."

He nodded. "What about 'R.I.P.D'?"

I shrugged. "Fine with me."

He bought the tickets and we headed into theater four. Once inside, Marcus chose some seats near the front and we sat down. The movie started and i almost forgot i was sitting next to someone.

The movie ended about two hours later and we stood up. While we were walking out Marcus asked, "How did you like the movie?"

I couldn't help the small smile i showed. "It was pretty good. A total remake of 'M.I.B.' but, not bad."

He nodded. "Yeah, but, you're right. It wasn't that bad for a remake. It was funny."

I laughed. "That movie wasn't serious at all."

He smiled. "What do you want to do now?"

I slowed my steps and thought. There wasn't really anything i wanted to do. "I don't know. I guess i need to get home but, unless i get your help..."

"Hm. I didn't exactly have a plan when i asked you out and I don't think I'm ready to take you home yet." We sat at some benches to think.

"I do need to get home though. I have homework and so do you."

He huffed. "No one wants to do homework."

I chuckled. "Who even invented homework?"

He shrugged. "A moron. That's who."

We sat in silence for a while then i stood up. "If we're not going to do anything i should get home."

He stood too. He looked sad but, just nodded. "Sure."

We walked out of the mall and made small talk all the way back to my house. When we got there i slowed my steps and visibly slumped. Marcus stopped and grabbed my shoulder. "You know... You can always stay with me if you don't want to go home."

I shook my head. "Thanks for the offer but-"

"No really. I honestly would love to have you. My mom and dad wouldn't mind either." He was pleading with his eyes.