Chapter 14

That night after Marcus left I was relieved to find my parents, as I had prayed, passed out. I made a quick dinner and left it on the table for them when they woke up.

They didn't bug me at all the rest of the night and I you'd think I'd have slept well. Not right. I was restless and didn't sleep at all. I kept thinking about how happy I had been to know that Marcus had been worried about me.

The next day I spent laying in bed trying to stop thinking. My face was red most of the day and I ignored Marcus when he threw rocks at my window to get my attention.

I got up for school on Monday feeling like I had pulled two all-nighters and had a just dragged myself out of bed. Not all that untrue. I hurried to my locker hoping to beat the morning rush of students and grabbed the books for my first class.

"Eliot! Hey!" I groaned when I heard Marcus's voice. I pretended I hadn't heard him and tried to make a run for it.

He stepped in front of me. "Hey, Eliot. Where were you yesterday?"

I stepped around him eager to get away. "I was doing homework. I had alot to do." I lied.

Marcus stayed next to me. "You doing okay? Nothing happened, right?"

I sighed. "I'm fine, Marcus. Nothing happened. Now, go away. I need to get to class."

The image of him hugging me and crying kept flashing through my head and I felt my ears grow warm. I didn't know why I was embarrassed but, I was.

Marcus poked my arm. "Did you hear me? I asked if you were free after school."

I held back the urge to huff angrily. "I am but, I'm not going out with you."

He frowned. "I didn't even ask you. Why did you think that's what I was gonna ask."

I rolled my eyes. "What else would there have been for a question like that?"

He was silent and sighed. "I'm not busy really but, I do need to do some things around the house." I could see the classroom. "Maybe some other time, okay?"

He looked disheartened and I felt a little bad about lying to him. I was about to enter the classroom when he grabbed my arm. "I'll see you after school." He whispered in my ear. Then he walked away, chuckling as I blushed and glared at him.

The rest of school was me avoiding Marcus, getting beat up by some bullies behind the school, and failing at math. The usual.

I peeked around every corner before going down the halls as I tried to get out of the building before Marcus found me. So far I hadn't seen him and I was almost to the doors.

I was about ten feet from safety when I was grabbed by my hoodie and dragged back. I turned ready to glare at Marcus but, that's not who I saw.

Garry, a guy who took pleasure in seeing others almost die, was smirking. I sighed. Why did bullies love me so much?

He seemed to be in a good mood which meant bad news for me. It was only a Monday and I was about to restock on bruises. He yanked me back until we were in an empty classroom.

I was thrown to the ground and I heard the door get shut and looked up to see a few of Garry's buddies standing gaurd. Garry walked towards me, a grin on his face. "Haven't seen you in a while, Eliot. Want to get our tharapy session started?"

Great.

*******

(Marcus's POV)

I stood just outside the doors of the school waiting for Eliot. After about twenty minutes I frowned. Where was he? I expected him to try and beat me out of the school.

I walked back inside and looked around. The halls were empty, all of the other students having left already. My first though was that maybe he made it out before me but, my last class was right next to the doors and his was on the other side of the building. There was no way.

I walked into the school and shut the door. Maybe he was trying to wait me out. No, he wouldn't go that far. Besides, he knows I'll leave him alone if I know it might get him in trouble.

The school was eerily quiet which made it seem not at all like school. I wished there was a kid or something running or screaming.

I was about to leave when I heard a bang. I turned my head to look down the hall. After a few seconds there was another loud thud and I walked towards one of the classrooms.

I put my ear to the door and heard laughter. "You seem to have gone soft, Eliot. What happened to you?" A voice said.

Before I knew what I was doing I had flung the door open and was glaring at the three boys who stood over a smaller boy. The tallest one straightened and looked at me. "What do you want, Marcus? Can't you see I'm busy?"

I glared at him. "Get away from, Eliot. He's mine and I'd leave him alone if I was you." I growled.

Eliot was staring at me, worry showing on his face. The guy, who's name was Garry, scoffed. "Says who? Beat it before we beat you up too."

He turned back to Eliot and my will snapped. I grabbed him and pushed him away. He glared at me. Then he swung a fist. I dodged and tripped him.

I had better fighting experience from preschool so it was easy for me to take him and his two friends on all at the same time. I pinned Garry to the floor and punched him.

He tried to block but, it didn't work. I was yanked away by one of the other boys and I ended up punching them in the stomach. He fell to the floor and I turned back to Garry who was holding his face. "Get lost!" I spat.

He scrambled up and bolted from the room, his gang following on his heels. I was panting from the fight and had to lean on one of the desks. Then I remembered Eliot and turned to him quickly.

He was sitting on the floor staring at me. I walked towards him and helped him up. "Are you okay?" I asked.

He didn't meet my eyes as he mumbled, "Yeah..."

I stared at him before I pulled him into a hug. He shuffled uncomfortably. "Marcus, what are you doing? I'm okay." He said.

I shook my head and hugged him closer, my lips kissing along his neck. He shivered and I let my arms fall to his waist. I could feel him pushing on my arms and in my head I was telling myself to stop but, my body wouldn't listen.

I pushed him back until his back was against the wall, my hands traveling up his shirt. "Marcus, stop! Let go!" Eliot pleaded.

My breath came out faster as I continued to kiss his neck and caress his skin. He was trembling, he arms stopping in their protest and his head tilting to the side as I kissed him.

I nipped at his collarbone and he flinched. "Marcus...!" I heard him whimper and my eyes snapped up to his. I froze when I saw tears at the edges of his tightly clenched eyes.

I stepped back and he looked up at me. I moved away from him, my eyes going to stare at the ground. "I-..." I couldn't think.

"Marcus?" He asked.

I shook my head and turned, running out of the room. I heard him shout my name but, I didn't listen. I raced out of the school as fast as I could.

I made him cry...

*******

Hey everyone! I feel like I kinda just repeated what happened in the last chapter only with Marcus this time. I mean there's a different reason and a different setting but, it feels like I'm not making sense anymore. Hm. Tell me what you guys think. Hope you enjoyed this chapter! AS ALWAYS VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW AND STAY AWESOME!

-Nekoco