She would have told me if she had plans already. And I was too excited for our evening to wait any longer.

So, I drove to her house, and when I parked in front of it, I walked up to the front door and knocked.

Lexi's father answered the door, looking at me like I was a weirdo for knocking and not just walking in.

"Hello Mister Grayson. I'm here to pick Lexi up to go on a date," I told him with a stupid grin on my face because I felt stupidly happy.

"Oh, so that's why it's like there's been a tornado in her room," he said rolling his eyes.

I frowned. "What do you mean?"

"Go see for yourself," he said, moving away from the door and motioning for me to go upstairs.

I complied and took the stairs two by two.

When I stopped in front of Lexi's room her door was wide open and it looked like she'd taken out all the clothes from her wardrobe and thrown it everywhere in her room, the biggest pile being on her bed.

I covered my mouth to stop the loud laugh from escaping my lips.

Lexi noticed that I was there and turned to me, pointing at me. "Where are we going to eat?"

"I told you I was going to be there in half an hour, didn't I?" I just replied finding this sight quite amusing.

"I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO WEAR!" Lexi whined, shaking her hands over her head.

"What you're wearing right now is fine," I replied, leaning against her doorframe. She was wearing jeans and a green top that was a little tight on her so it showed her waist the way her baggy shirts usually didn't.

I liked that quite a lot.

"Is it fine? Or are you just saying this because you want us to leave?" she asked, narrowing her eyes at me.

"You look beautiful Pumpkin," I assured her. I was probably looking at her with heart eyes, so I didn't understand how she could be questioning this.

"Do you truly believe this? Or would you say I look beautiful even if I was wearing a garbage bag?" she asked, her hands on her hips.

I chuckled. My Pumpkin was too adorable for my own good and her own.

"Well... I mean, I do love you, so yes, I would probably still find you beautiful while wearing a garbage bag. Buuuut. What you're wearing is perfect. I didn't change either."

She gapped at me in faux horror. "Oh, so you put no effort on our date?"

"That's it," I snapped and bended a little, grabbing Lexi and throwing her over my shoulder.

It felt like I was doing this often. And I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it.

"Hey! Put me down," Lexi whined.

I complied, putting her right back on her feet. We were just inches away. I brushed a strand of her hair behind her ear, smiling at her. "Do you want to stress about this for a few more minutes?"

"Yes please," she replied in a small voice.

I chuckled, smiling more at her, and kissed her forehead. "As you wish."

Lexi grinned back at me, catching the reference.

So, I left her to her messy room and headed back downstairs.

I was about to walk past Lexi's father study when he called out my name. I stopped in my tracks. "Blake, you mind coming here for a second," he said.

"No problem sir," I replied, stepping in his office.