Chapter 30 - A Hard Question

Start from the beginning

Harry met her haughty gaze with raised eyebrows for a moment before both snorted.

"I do not miss having to put on an act." Fleur murmured and Harry squeezed her hand, a half smile on his face as he pulled up the hand he held and kissed it.

"I'm sorry you felt you had to. I know something about having to put on an act." He whispered and the two gazed at each other for a moment before Harry shook his head, blinking.

He turned back to the chamber, missing the worried expression on Fleur's face.

Harry led them deeper into the chamber and noticed a small tent off to their right hand side, near a channel where the water that ran out of the chamber. Harry figured the channel led out to a ser system of some kind but shrugged as he moved toward the tent.

Taking a deep breath, Harry led the way into the tent and found it to be like the other wizarding tent he had seen at the Quidditch World cup.

It was bigger on the inside.

The entrance to the tent was a large lounge room with couches, a coffee table in the center and the walls were covered with empty book shelves. There was an aged writing desk against the left wall with a few cupboards around it. Directly in front of them there was an open door that led into a bathroom while neither side of the bathroom there were stairs leading up to a second floor.

Fleur took his hand and led him upstairs without a moment's hesitation to find the upstairs section of the tent was a single large room with a queen size bed in the middle.

"Well, at least this place is better than having to look at Salazar Slytherin Face all day." Harry remarked with a smirk.

He felt his hand in Fleur's grasp tighten and she turned him to face her.

"As far as I am concerned, 'Arry, this place is where we will stay until I can control my transformation. Afterward I expect to be shown this special area of yours. What better protection canI ask for when I'm asleep?" She asked with raised eyebrows.

"Especially as it seems the spirits can monitor the outside world for us." She finished and he nodded, a blush on his face.

Fleur sighed, pulling him into a hug.

"We won't do anything that makes you uncomfortable." She pulled back from her hug with a vulnerable expression on her face.

"I enjoy being in your arms the other night." She whispered.

Harry sighed with a smile before giving her chaste kiss.

"All right. But if anybody asks, it's your fault." He bargained and she laughed.

He adored that laugh.

Fleur smirked and nodded.

"We'll deal with that later, right now, I just want to spend some time together." She grinned and pulled him toward the bed, sitting down and pulling him after her.

Once they were both lying down, Fleur lay her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes while holding his arm.

He smiled, enjoying the feeling of being close to her.

"It's nice being able to just relax in private. Not having to worry about the rest of the world, it's just us." Shemurmured as she released his arm to snuggle into his chest, he wrapped his arm around her shoulders, pulling her close.

Harry smiled before kissing the top of her head, his body relaxing in her close presence.

After a few minutes of silence, Harry let out a sigh without meaning to.