Chapter 30 - A Hard Question

Start from the beginning

Godric's only reply was a loud guffaw in the affirmative.

"Apparently it was. Whowould have thought a guy like that would either have a sense of humor or be a perv? Huh, you learn something new everyday." Harry smirked before stopping as they came to an iron door.

The iron door had metal snakes writing across it.

"Open." He hissed and the door groaned as it opened.

The door opened to reveal a passageway in what Harry recognised as part of the dungeons, but he didn't where in the dungeons. Pulling out the marauders map from his robes he checked their position.

"Here Fleur, we are deep in the dungeons on the other side of the castle to both the Slytherin and Hufflepuff common rooms which are here and there." Harry explained, showing Fleur the map.

He loved the look of wonder on her face as she examined the map.

"What is this? It is amazing, 'Arry." She gushed, her fingers twitching to touch it.

"My dad and his friends made it when they were here. Here, you're better at charms and stuff than me. When we have time, see how it works and if we can make another one to experiment with." He handed her the map and she took it with shaking hands.

"Are you sure, 'Arry? You don't have much of your parents' things. I do not want to damage it." She whispered, trailing a finger across their names on the map.

"Hey, it's okay. It doesn't hurt as much anymore. I have something to look forward to now." He said, guiding her back toward the entrance of the chamber.

He stopped, looking at the portrait on the hallway side of the iron door.

It was a creepy looking castle, built into a strange lone mountain with no others nearby. The mountain was tall, steep and thin, like a single finger sticking up out of the weather. The castle was surrounded by a dark foreboding forest, there were no living creatures in it except for a great black dragon circling the castle in the air breathing out a great blast of flames.

"That dragon makes our dragons at the first task look tiny." Harry murmured and felt Fleur's hand take his own.

"Oui." She breathed.

Beside the door was a statue of a medusa's head, glaring at them with its head full of snakes.

"Okay, I think we'll figure out a path from here later. For now, let's get into that chamber, shall we?" He asked, still holding her hand, she nodded and moved back into the passage that led to the chamber.

The iron door closed behind them as they entered the passageway.

A few minutes later they found themselves back at the pipe and continued to the large black metal door which opens at Harry's spoken word.

The black metal doorway, large enough to fit the basilisk through it, wheeled open and revealed the chamber of secrets in all its glory.

But instead of the moody green lights that once lit the space, bright clear white lights that once lit thespace, bright clear white lights give off plenty of light to see by.

The chamber now resembled the rest of the castle, though containing massive statues of Salazar's glaring visage and serpent sculptures covered most available surfaces.

"He really likes snakes..." Fleur breathed and Harry laughed.

"Really? That's the first thing you say upon entering the fabled chamber of secrets?" Harry laughed with a wide grin on his face.

"I am not British, we at Beauxbatons do not worship the founders of your school. The Flamels founded ours, so while not quite as old as Hogwarts, it is just as prestigious." She sniffed, her nose in the air.