picnic

Your pov

Rose started to notice I started to zone out more. When I would come back to reality I would see a look of concern on her face. I would also distance myself from her and Jack. I was laying in bed staring at the ceiling when she walked in with our son.

"Baby?"

"Yeah Rose?"

"What're you doing?"

"Laying here" I say monatonaly

"Oh should I leave"

"No I don't really want to be alone"

"Ok can I lay with you" she asks

I nod and she does. She then lays Jack in between us. This time he doesn't snuggle into me but into Rose. I take a glance at them both and smile a little bit.

"I suck" I mumble thinking Rose won't hear me.

"Hey don't say that" she says

"But I do. I keep avoiding you and Jack. I mean look he won't even cuddle with me cause I've been so distant. I can't even be around you both. I'm a terrible parent Rose"

"Baby you are amazing. I don't know why you zone out or distance yourself but it's ok. Jack does need your cuddles he just can't cope like you and I. You are not a terrible parent it's yours and I's first time ok we'll both make mistakes I promise you're amazing"

I look at her for any doubt. I was lost looking into her eyes that I didn't notice Jack moved over to me in his sleep. I started to smile more and so did Rose.

"What about we go on a picnic just the three of us" I ask

"Yeah we can do that. When we're you thinking?"

"This afternoon maybe"

"Ok"

We lay there for a few hours talking and just being together. Jack woke up and I got stuff ready. I packed food for Rose and I and for Jack. We pick a spot in the garden and lay out the blanket. I lay him down on it and then sit. Rose sits next to me and starts to kiss my neck.

"Mmm"

"You like that baby?" She smirks

"Mhm, I love you Rose"

"I love you too"

Jack looks at us showing affection and looked angry. I laughed a little at his reaction.

"Baby I can show mommy love too"

"Nooooo"

"But I love her"

"No u mine"

"No I'm mommy's too"

He looks at me pissed as I kiss her. I pick him up and sit him on my lap. I pepper his face in kisses and he laughs.

"I love you captain Jack"

"Love u mama"

After about 2 hours we all went inside. Jack was tired and I need to shower. As I was showering I felt arms snake around my waist. As a natural reaction I tenced.

"Relax" I heard Rose whisper

"You can't do that Rose"

"Why can't I?" she pouted

"I could've hurt you if I didn't know it was you"

After another 10-15 minutes in the shower we got out. As we got dressed she dropped her towel and I couldn't stop staring. She was perfect, her porcelain skin was slightly shiny from the water, her hair was almost brown and weighted down and then she caught me.