A Year and a Half

I woke up laying in a hospital bed. I sat up and winced in pain. I looked around and I was alone in a room and I wasn't sure what the hell was going on. I heard someone come walking in the room and I looked to see Lloyd.

"Oh thank god Pumpkin." Lloyd said rushing over to me and passionately kissed me and I moaned in the kiss. Once we broke apart he looked at me and I sighed.

"What happened?" I asked and Lloyd sighed.

"Don't you remember?" Lloyd asked and I sighed. I thought back and gasped.

"Ransom...ransom hit me!" I panicked and Lloyd hung his head but nodded.

"I know, I know he did. People saw you get hit and took down the make and model of the car. He has been arrested Pumpkin." Lloyd said and I started crying. Lloyd pulled me into his embrace easily and just held on to me as I cried.

"I want to go home..." I cried and Lloyd nodded.

"I'm working on it Pumpkin, have to get you clearance to travel." Lloyd said and I sighed.

"I'm sorry." I said looking up at Lloyd.

"No, don't do that. We don't need to talk about it right now." Lloyd said and I shook my head.

"No, we do. I want to know you want kids. This will only work if we are honest. I want kids Lloyd and I need to know you do too." I said.

"Deal breaker?" Lloyd said and I nodded.

"I told you it was right before I accepted your proposal." I said and he sighed.

"Give me the 3 years Juni..." Lloyd said.

"1." I said.

"3."

"1." Lloyd groaned.

"2."

"1.5, that's my final offer." I said and Lloyd sighed and just nodded.

"Fine, a year and a half." Lloyd said.

"Year and a half and we have a baby, not talking." I said. Lloyd smiled.

"You are getting very commanding Mrs. Hansen..." Lloyd said and I smiled.

"Yeah well...guess who I married is rubbing off on me." I said and Lloyd smiled leaning down to kiss me.

"Hey you two!" I heard my mom say and I looked to see her come in the room carrying take out.

"FOOD!" I said excited and everyone laughed.

"See, I told her it would make her happy." Rita said and I smiled.

"You okay?" Rita asked and hugged me easily.

"Yeah, just wish I knew why he did it." I said and Rita looked at me.

"You know who did it?" Rita asked and I nodded.

"Yeah he was a friend of mine, he had a thing for Juni." Lloyd said and Rita sighed.

"I have to talk to him." I said to Lloyd and he shook his head.

"Lloyd please, when I'm better and before we leave town. I need to go see him before we go." I said and he groaned.

"I will see what I can do." Lloyd said. Rita just sighed as we all started eating.

*****2 WEEKS LATER*****

I was finally getting to leave the hospital after the doctor did all of his assessments and tests. As was pushing my wheelchair out to the car he sighed.

"I called the jail. I told them you wanted to come in and see Ransom." Lloyd said.

"And?" I asked.

"He doesn't want to see you Pumpkin. He said he hit you for a reason and he didn't succeed. He didn't want me to have you if he couldn't. He said he is done, just let him serve out his life in prison." Lloyd said and my eyes filled with tears.

"So it's over..." I said and Lloyd nodded.

"It's over. All you need to worry about is being married to the bets husband in the world and then in a year and a half we get serious on baby making." Lloyd said coming around to look at me as we waited for the car to pull up.

"Year and a half." I said, Lloyd leaned in and passionately kissed me.

"I love you Pumpkin. When I got the call that you had been hit by a car, I thought lost you before I had any time with you. I never want to lose you." Ransom said and I placed a hand on his cheek.

"And you never will Pookey. I'm never going anywhere. You are stuck with me forever." I said and he smiled.

"Good." Lloyd said and I smiled. The SUV pulled up and Lloyd let me in car and we drove to the airstrip to go back home to Croatia.