TWENTY

| November 24 |

11:00am

"So how long have you been seeing him?" Haven asked as she braided my hair. After much convincing, she agreed on doing small knotless braids. I played with the strings of my sweatshirt as a smile graced my lips.

"Well not long but we've known each other for quite awhile" I leaned my head back as her request.

"You know I haven't seen you this giddy for anyone before, he must really be special" she spoke. In my past relationship, I never got treated the way Myles has unless my father counts. He spoils me like crazy. Even though he is mean to everyone, he has a huge soft spot for me.

I sighed "I know and it's scaring me"

"Why's that?" I shrugged trying to think of words to formulate and express.

"It's just that I'm use to people not staying in my life, except my father and Levi of course" when she hummed in response I continued talking.

"I wonder so much on the what ifs, like if he will stop finding me attractive or realize he doesn't want a relationship with me" she parted the next section of my hair.

"We'll let me ask you this— Do you love him?" I felt the nervousness creep into my stomach as I pondered on those four words. Some will say it was way too soon to love someone. With the way he makes me feel and how he treats me gives me literal butterflies everyday.

"I think I do" I mumbled.

"And you're afraid he won't feel the same?" She asked. I nodded.

"He means so much to me and I just don't wanna lose another important person in my life" her squeal knocked me out of my thoughts.

"Aww babe, you have to tell him. From the small encounter I had with him, he couldn't keep his eyes off of you" I turned around looking up at her as she smiled deeply at me. A blushed covered my face.

"Everyone saw it Ky, his focus was only you during the whole encounter with everyone" I turned back around as I grabbed my legs.

"How should I tell him?" These are questions I would ask Honey but given that we haven't spoken since the skating rink.

"Whatever way that makes you comfortable" I nodded as the room grew silent. Her trying to finish my head as I was deep in my thoughts.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Yeah, what's up?" I twiddle with my fingers.

"Do you know anyone who can customize chains?" An idea popped in my mind as I thought of the best way to tell him.

* * * * *

My grandmother always love having Thanksgiving outside like it's not cold. Thankfully the bipolar weather worked in our favor. It wasn't too cold and not too hot. We had a range of games set up, tons of picnic tables. Candy by Cameo blasted from the outdoor speakers. My dad as well as a few of my uncles were doing their famous two steps and using the rag hanging from their shoulders as a prop.