FIVE

| September 7th |

4:45pm

I stared blankly at the customer who was trying to tell me about deals we no longer had. I stuffed my hands in my pocket giving her a fake smile as she continued to complain. The baby on her hip would not stop crying which was starting to irritate me. When I first started working at Victoria Secrets it was fun until I realized customer service was not.

"Would you like to talk to my manager"

she huffed "yes, I can just tell your new here"

As soon as I turned around, my smile dropped as I went behind the counter. No matter how nice you are, they still find a way to argue with you.

"Hey Sean, there is a customer out there who wants to talk to you"  he rolled his eyes and wiped his hands off.

"She better not be irritating" I chuckled as I followed behind him to where the lady was standing. She was still trying to calm her baby down.

"Hello Ms, how can I help you" Sean was probably my favorite managers here, he was really chill with everyone.

"Yes I was trying to tell your employee that the body sprays had a buy 2, get one free deal" he nodded.

"Well I'm sure my employee mentioned that deal is no longer here with us, it expired about two to three days ago" she scoffed.

"On my email it says otherwise" I never should have picked up this extra shift. They were ruining my mood.

"Well ma'am it indeed expired" she tossed her one free hand up in frustration.

"That's it you done lost a customer, I refuse to shop here anymore" she was being dramatic for no reason.

"Hmm well don't let the door hit you on the way out, have a nice day" my manager turned on his heels and walked away. I tucked my lip in from laughing at her.

"You know Ms.Tammy don't like when you talk to them like that" as we approached the back, he plopped back down in his seat.

"Shit I do not care, we get the most sales when I'm running the shift" I shook my head laughing at him.

"Your free to leave early if you want" I quickly took off my name tag.

"I appreciate it, I'll most likely see you tomorrow" he nodded before digging back into his food. I went to the front counter and clocked out. I hurried out before the customer thought my register was open. I grabbed my belongings and walked out of the store. I was debating on if I should shop around or just leave . I started walking towards Nike with a mission to not spend more than $50. I was hoping they had a deal going on or I would surpass my budget. Luckily the store was not as crowded as I expected. I looked at the leggings section hoping to find some that I like.

I looked around seeing one of the employees leaning on the wall with their back turned from me. I grabbed the pair of leggings before walking over there.