THREE

| August 31|

3:35 pm

The start of the weekend was finally here, I have never been happier. I gathered my belongings and walked behind everyone out of the classroom. Class was already kicking my ass plus working in retail is taking a toll on me. I blew out a much needed breath as I took in the scenery. It was crazy to think this was my last year as an undergraduate student. Part of me was excited to graduate but the other part of me is scared as hell. I'm not really sure what to expect life to be outside of college.

I walked up the steps of my apartment building as I remembered telling Levi I was going to that kickback tonight. I sighed wishing I never agreed. I used my keys and unlocked my front door. This whole week has been entirely too much, I was in need of a nap.

"Hey Ky" Amanda spoke from the kitchen. I gave a closed lip smile.

"Hey girl" I tried to walk by but she continued to talk.

"I haven't seen you a minute, how's school?" I rubbed the back of my neck as she leaned on the countertop giving me her full attention.

"I mean the usual, stressful" she nodded.

"I felt that, what's your major?" This was feeling like 21 questions and I was not trying to play.

"I'm a Pre-Vet major and I got a minor in chemistry" she raised her eyebrows.

"Oh damn, I was a biology major freshman year but I had a rude awakening the healthcare field wasn't for me" she spoke with a laugh. I nodded with a small laugh.

"Yea—"

"I hope you don't mind but I have someone coming over soon" she interrupted. I shrugged genuinely over this whole conversation.

"Have fun, I'll be in my room" I walked away before she could respond. I try to talk to new people but I always end up aggravated by their presence. I tossed my belongings into the corner before changing into some comfortable clothes. One thing I can't do is get underneath my covers with my outside clothes on. As soon as my head hit the pillow I was out like a light.

* * * * * *

I was awoken by my phone going off loudly in my ear. I rubbed my eyes trying to focus on my bright phone screen to see who was calling me.

"Hello," I answered, slowly closing my eyes back.

"Go ahead and get out the bed big dawg" Levi spoke loudly. I sucked my teeth pulling my phone slightly away from my ear.