SEVEN

11:00am

11:00am

"Class please be quiet, we have a lot to cover today" I looked at my frustrated teacher as she tried for the 50th time to get the class to be quiet. Most of the athletes were in this class and never knew when to shut up. I tapped my pencil along my desk as I felt my self starting to get bored.

"That's it, I'm moving people around" she pointed her finger towards the loud group of boys who were destined to get broken up. I shook my head as I leaned back irritated. We are on a college campus, yet getting assigned seats. She started counting us off to see where everyone would be going. I scanned the room to see everyone was talking amongst themselves.

The people she counted had to move and choose a new seat. Luckily I was able to stay in my seat by the back wall. I scrolled on my phone unbothered as I waited patiently for everyone to get seated.

I looked up to see the one and only sitting in the seat next to me. He looked up and glared at me before going back to his phone. Everywhere I look, he be there.

"Take a good look at the person next you, they will be your partner for the scenario project"

"What a coincidence" I mumbled.

"I want you guys to pick a scenario you're most comfortable with to have a conversation, like for example a teacher and student discussing grades" I hated this class with a passion. She be thinking we can speak fluently like her.

"Pick one" he said making eye contact with me. I tried to think of something.

"When is this due?" Someone asked.

"Next Wednesday" it was currently Friday meaning we had to work on this over the weekend.

"Can I switch partners" someone else asked.

"Now that's a good question" I said louder than expected.

"You act like you don't like a nigga presence or something"

"Or something" I hid the small smile that was trying to creep onto my face.

"Alright so if you did your reading yesterday then you know we are focusing more on present & past perfect tenses" I leaned my chin against my hand tapping my pencil once again.

"We are going to do some small exercises-" I started to tune her out as I was already getting bored off her voice alone. The only thing that was occupying my mind was what I wanted to eat today and where I was getting food from.

"Is your car close by?" I asked looking at Myles. At first he didn't respond until he noticed I was looking at him.

He took his airpod out "what ya say?"

"Is your car close by" he nodded.

"Soo what we eating then" he scrunched up his eyebrows.

"Tuh. Air sandwiches" I sucked my teeth taking his airpod back out.