- c h a p t e r - e l e v e n -

Gemma was once more caught in a crossfire between Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

    Ron was overly enraged with Hermione, and Hermione was upset with him for accusing her cat of murdering his rat, and then Harry took Ron's side, so she was angry with him now, and Gemma?

    She could not pick a side.

    Crookshanks was a menace she would give Ron and Harry that, but she was not sure Crookshanks would actually kill the rat.

    But again...

    He was a cat, so Gemma could not decide.

    So, she decided to be the middleman and try to calm down the conflict as best she could.

    Not only was she trying to resolve this, but she was also swamped with school and Quidditch practice.

    They had one last practice before the big game, and while Ron was depressed about his ugly, useless rat, Gemma was on the field practising every manoeuvre Wood threw at her.

    And it was that day that Fred and George made it their personal mission to tease and distract her.

    "How 'bout Lee?" George taunted. "He's pretty handsome."

    She made a face at him, "What the bloody hell are you getting at?"

    "You like him."

    A peal of explosive laughter rang through the air as she responded, "You must be daft! Lee is just fine, but no thanks! Also, George, I'm thirteen! I need to be focussing on my---"

    "How about Cedric Diggory?"

    This came from Fred, and his voice was full of questions under the teasing tone.

    Gemma's face went red, and the boys started to swoon over her.

    "HILTON'S GOT A CRUUUSSSSHHHH!" George basically yelled.

    "HILTON! WEASLEYS!!" Oliver snapped. "GET BACK ON THE FIELD."

    Gemma glared at the boys, her face still flushed, and dove back onto the field.

    It wasn't that she liked Cedric Diggory, but she fancied him just a little because he saved her broom and was always kind to her and stuck up for her against Draco.

    But she liked Fred too...

    Rolling her eyes in disdain, Gemma thought, THIS is why I didn't want this to be a thing!

    After a wonderful display of talent from Harry and his Firebolt, Gemma, Harry, and Ron decided to stay out for a bit, letting Ron zoom around on the Firebolt while Gemma and Harry took turns on her broom.

    Madam Hooch had all but passed out in her seat, and when she woke up, it was nighttime, and she sent them back to the castle.

    Gemma was laughing at something Ron had said when Harry completely stopped.

    "Har, what is..." Gemma's voice trailed off.

    She found what he was staring at.

    Two glowing eyes.

    "What's the matter?" Ron asked.

    Harry pointed in the vicinity of the eyes, making Ron gasp quietly.

    Gemma's heart thundered in her chest as she pulled out her wand and murmured, "Lumos..."

    The light sprung from her wand and revealed Crookshanks sitting across the way, watching them in all of his glory.