- c h a p t e r - t h r e e -

"HEY, CAN SOMEONE HELP ME!!!"

    Gemma yelled down the hall to the boys' rooms.

    Fred immediately popped his head out, "I can help!"

    Gemma waved at him to follow her, "Come on! Everything's packed up and ready to go. I just need help carrying it outside to the car."

    Fred, who was by far at least two feet taller than her, hurried down the hall from his room, saying something to Geroge on the way out. Gemma opened her door wider and walked over to Calico, gently placing him inside his cage, "Come on, buddy..."

    She locked up his golden cage before turning to Fred, his eyes watching her, waiting.

    "My trunk is the blue one...but that's obvious, it's the only one in here..."

    Silence.

    She peered at him, "Fred? Are you alright?"

    "Your hair looks good."

     Gemma nearly fell over from shock as a fluttery feeling filled her stomach, "W-what?"

     Fred's cheeks flushed almost as red as his hair, "I mean...you cut it. I was just saying that the barber did well."

    Liar.

    Gemma swallowed slightly, and then she cleared her throat, "Oh. Well, the woman had to have been slightly crazed. But she did good, didn't she?"

     Fred bobbed his head.

     More awkward silence.

     "I...We missed you this summer," Fred told her quickly.

    Gemma gave him a sad smile, "Me too. But, hey, maybe next year I can come to the Burrow!"

     Fred's smile grew on his lips, "I...we would love that!"

     Gemma picked up Calico's cage, "Come on, Fredrick! We must be going!"

     Fred laughed, "As you wish, Adeline! To the family!"

     Gemma stopped short again, her cheeks growing warm, "What did you call me?"

    Fred shuffled on his feet, "Adeline. It's your middle name, right?"

     Gemma was a tad shocked that he remembered, "Yes. Yes, it is."

    "Well, then I shall call you Adeline...Or Cricket, one of those two because you are always saying cricket!"

    "But what if I hate it?"

     Fred shrugged, giving her a sly smile, "Don't care. Still gonna call you it."

     Gemma rolled her eyes, "You're such a boy!"

     Fred opened the door, lifting her trunk, "And you're such a girl!"

     "Shut up, Weasley."

    "Right back at you, Hilton."

        Gemma nearly tripped over someone's foot as she slid through the sea of people at King's Cross Station. She had dropped her book at the barrier, and after giving her things and Calico to one of the wizards running the train, she ran back to get it.

       Well, after she convinced Mrs. Weasley to let her do so.

        The woman had been at Gemma's side all morning, asking her every five minutes if she needed any help or if she was okay.