Chapter 8: The last bastion unit

A drop ship flies through the largest forest as Y/n and Kennedy are sent to search another Overwatch agent who has been reported being spotted within the forest. We see the two getting theie gears ready as they grab some ammo, medical supplies and everything else while Kennedy sat down while Y/n grabs a few more while she ask Y/n with a smirk.

Kennedy: (smirk) So you never seen a Bastion unit before?

Y/n: Not really no. But I was told about them when I was young. How they are responsible of countless deaths throughout the world and they were made to be weapons to kill all of humanity.

Kennedy: (smirk) That's right, so seeing out walking about in the forest is pretty surprising to see.

Y/n: So how is it possible for one Bastion unit to be online all these years?

Kennedy: Who knows but we can answer that question once we find Torbjon.

Y/n: So any information about this agent?

Kennedy: He used to make genius devices during the omnic crisis and help out soldiers throughout many battles. Disbite him making all these machines he never liked the Bastion units due to the being killing machines.

Y/n: But he is with a Bastion unit though?

Kennedy: Yeah probably that Bastion unit just followed him or something. I'm not sure about that but they have been seen together somewhere in these forest.

Male pilot: (coms) 5 seconds to drop.

Y/n: Guess we have to find that out ourselves.

She node as the drop ship lands lower into the forest. Once close to the ground the side doors open and Kennedy and Y/n leap down and land onto the ground with their feet as the dropship flies off. Once gone they aim their sniper rifle around and don't see anything but trees and grass.

Then Kennedy place down a small pole like device that flashes red as Kennedy tells Y/n.

Kennedy: These beacons can allow us to keep track and we can meet up if we're ever lost.

Y/n: That's useful. Remind me to use that on a camping trip.

Kennedy: (smirk) Sure thing.

And so they begin their walk as they journey through the forest and looking for any sign of Torbjon or his Bastion friend. They can hear birds chirping among the trees, deers moving through the bushes and leafs gently pushing by the gently winds as the two walk through the woods and find it very relaxing as they walk.

Y/n: (smile) This is some nice walk.

Kennedy: (smile) You can say that again. Maybe we can come back here and have a panic or go camping.

Y/n: (smile) Maybe. But let's forced on the-

Suddenly Y/n tripped and fell onto the ground. He sat up and looks at what made him trip and they were surprised to see a offline Bastion unit with some green stuff on it and make it too hard for anyone to see but they can also see some metal parts and see it's head as Kennedy bend down to it and look at it.

Y/n: Guess that's a Bastion unit huh?

Kennedy: Yep. No doubt about it. Seems like this one must have run out of power or something.

Y/n: Seems like it.

Y/n gets up and pick up his sniper rifle as he turn and sees something which cost Y/n to say.

Y/n: Um I think its not the only one.

Kennedy stands up and looks over to see more Bastion units laying around the floor, some lend against trees while some looked to be broken with their arms, legs and head separated from their body.