5. Awkward Meeting

*Unknown Point of Views: Emails Exchanged*

To: cecil @ clevesbrook .co .uk

Subject: The Deal

Sir, when am I going to get the heroine you found on me back? I stabbed someone didn't I? Now why don't you seel the deal and give it back!

_________________________________________________________

To: thesecondking @ clevesbrook .co .uk

Subject: Re: The Deal

Your job is not exactly done yet. People are still trying to work out who it was and you could still get caught. Maybe you should wait a few weeks?

_________________________________________________________

To: cecil @ clevesbrook .co .uk

Subject: Re: Re: The Deal

There is no way I'm waiting a few weeks. I'm gonna get beaten up if I don't get the stuff back soon. And in case you didn't know, someone else has already been accused. The girl said it was another guy. I think I have done my job.

*Adriana's Point of View: Letter to Kevin*

It was at breakfast when Lily and I found out the truth. We didn't even expect to come crawling back to us.

"Excuse me girls, can I talk to you for a second?" It was Edith. We had no idea what she needed to talk to us about. We had this idea that we were too loud the night before.

"Sure," Lily responded cheerfully.

"Yeah, can we do this... Outside?" Edith asked awkwardly. This was what made me a little worried.

We got up and exchanged worried glances at the boys left on the table. When we left the canteen, we stood against the wall on the left of the door and Edith took a breath.

"When you told the police that Ryan was the one that stabbed you, they spoke to several over witnesses who claimed that Ryan came back from the roof 10 minutes before they heard you scream," Edith explained clearly.

"So? He was found on the roof 5 minutes after she was stabbed as well," I protested.

"This may sound just a bit like a way to get out of the situation, but they all said that after they heard the scream, they saw Ryan climb on the roof then. He confirmed it saying that he believed the staff were too distracted for him to get in trouble," was her response.

I looked at Lily then back at Edith. "Really?" I asked.

"Yep. I was told to tell you this since you apparently listen to me and not the senior staff," Edith attempted to lighten things up with a smile.

I just nodded and turned back into the canteen. Lily caught up and soon walked alongside me. "Don't worry, I believe you," I quietly said to her.

***

The next day I got up early, while I let Lily lie in. It was a Saturday and I wanted to be ready for our date. But more importantly, I wanted Toby to be ready.

After breakfast, I went upstairs and knocked on his bedroom door. Whoever watches over the boys dorms is really quite useless, since nobody tells me off for visiting the boys rooms.

Toby answered instantly and welcomed me in. "Where's Curtis?" I asked casually, when I saw his empty but unmade bed.

"Don't know, but he left with his guitar," Toby responded as I rearranged the duvet on Curtis' bed. "He sometimes just likes to be alone. Sometimes he meets with Ryan and people."