Chapter 26 ~ Regret

TW: Swearing, gory descriptions, blood, death, weapons, panic attacks

Please be careful with this chapter, if you're sensitive to any of these things proceed with extreme caution. It gets intense.

3rd Person POV:

This wasn't supposed to happen. Dream looked off into the distance as two black cars drove away from the sector house. Techno was supposed to be in his arms, taking steps closer to getting the long deserved closure he needs. But now Dream blamed himself for leaving for a second.

Dream feels a hand on his shoulder, "Don't worry about them. You're safe now, Schlatt doesn't know that you are here."

Dream forcefully shoves Sam's hand off, "You don't know what you're talking about."

Dream pushes past Sam and goes inside the sector house. He needs to go back to Sapnap and Phil, put a different plan together. One to save Techno and get him back to Dream safely.

Dream sits down on the couch, wishing that he never left the living room. If only he could turn back time

-

Dream got up from the couch and went to find the bathroom. He lived in the house most of his life so finding the bathroom wasn't a problem. He didn't understand why Techno was so hesitant to trust Sam. If there was anyone in this world that Dream trusted, it would be Sam. After all, he was the one who saved him from dying in the woods when he was little.

After washing his hands, Dream walked back into the hallway but this time it felt unfamiliar. Like he was in a completely different part of the house. Dream just shrugged it off and continued down the hallways to find the living room again. He quickly noticed that there were things that indicated he wasn't going the right way.

Like a lamp that he didn't remember being there, or a painting that instead of being the lighthouse he remembered was now a dark forest. Dream stopped walking and carefully took in his surroundings. He quickly realized that he was at the other side of the sector house. No where near where he needed to be.

Dream quickly redirected and mentally face palmed for being stupid enough to get lost in his own house. As he approached the living room it was awfully silent but he just assumed it was because Niki and Techno aren't really the talkative type.

When Dream reached the living room nobody was there. It didn't make him immediately panic but it was a little worrying to him because where else would they go. Dream wandered some more and the frown on his face deepened. It wasn't until he saw the front door opened that he realized what happened.

Dream's heart beat sped up when he saw 2 black cars outside, he was hoping it wasn't what he thought. Dream ran to the door, past Sam who was just observing what was going on, and Dream stumbled down the steps.

It was just what he feared

The last he saw of those cars were them disappearing into the tree line. He couldn't even do anything, he felt so alone and hopeless. His love was driving away just out of reach and he did nothing to stop it. Not like he could do anything anyway.

What was he going to do now?

-

Dream's POV: