Chapter 18 ~ Don't Go

TW: Hospital things? (is that a warning? Idk)

Dream's POV:

There was darkness. The darkness you feel when you have your eyes closed but this time you can't open them. I don't think I'm dead but I definitely don't feel alive, if you know what I mean. I could hear faint voices that seemed far off and I couldn't quite place who the voices belonged to. I couldn't see anything and that scared me, what happened to Techno?

I want to call out his name but I feel like I'm suffocating. I can't remember what it feels like to move and I try to command a body that I can't even feel to move. It seems to work because I now hear panicked voices that I still can't place, this time they feel closer.

Soon, light shines through my eyelids

-

I blink my eyes open and I just see a lot of white. I swear, if this is a hospital they really need to rethink their choices of using white. Like....how many people do you think you blind a day?! Ranting aside, I turn my head to look around the room. There's two other beds where I see Niki and Sapnap, they're just chilling and staring at something. I follow their gaze and see three other hybrids standing in the corner talking about something.

"Hello?" My voice comes out very weak but it seems like the others in the room heard it. All of them snap their heads to look at me and I instantly feel trapped. A crow hybrid starts walking towards me,

"Oh thank the gods you woke up," The crow stops at the foot of my bed. I narrow my eyes a little bit and subconsciously tighten my tail around something. I confuse myself by doing that and look down to see my tail tightly wrapped around Tech.

"I would suggest you stop doing that or you're going to seriously hurt him," The crow hybrid suggested with an extravagant hand gesture. I look over to Niki and Sapnap for silent confirmation that I can trust these people, they both nod.

"Fine." I unravel my tail and let Techno fall limp next to me.

"Just so you don't freak out, you're in a hideout near the Boundary Sea and we're not here to hurt you," The crow hybrid explained. He pulled out a bandage and walked over to Techno. I watched him closely as he wrapped some of the cuts that he got from my tail.

"Dude! How are you still so cool when you're unconscious?!" Sapnap marveled. I looked over at him with a questioning look. What the hell does that mean?

"They couldn't get your tail off Techno and whenever they came close you would unconsciously hit them with it! Man, it was so awesome," Sapnap explained. 

"Yeah, maybe awesome for you guys," The crow hybrid rolled his eyes. Wow, I didn't expect to be that protective over Tech. I looked at the piglin that laid next to me, he was beautiful even when asleep.

"So what happened?" I asked the others. The phantom hybrid spoke up this time,

"Long story short, you guys stumbled to our humble abode. Guards came close behind you. And now you're in our secret basement," The phantom spoke.

"So we were waiting for you two to wake up to introduce ourselves, so let's do that now!" The crow clapped his hands together, "I want you to say your name and who you are cause we have no idea who you are. I'll start, I'm Philza but please call me Phil. I'm a crow hybrid and a healer."