Chapter 7 ~ Just Friends?

TW: Panic attack (very early in the chapter), swearing, self-doubt

*Just Friends By JORDY*

Dream's POV:

He was shaking like crazy. I was starting to panic a little as well but I knew I would have to look strong for Techno. I don't know what he was thinking but whatever it was, it wasn't good. I quickly got up from under the covers and crawled over to him. He was starting to hyperventilate and I needed to be as quick as possible. Panic attacks are really scary, it can feel like you're suffocating.

"Hey Tech. Can I hug you?" I ask softly. I didn't want to scare him. The only reason I know what's happening is because my old friend used to have them all the time.

Techno nodded his head slowly and I approached really slowly and brought him into a hug. He buried his head into my chest and I rubbed slow, calming circles into his back. I whisper sweet things into his ear to help....hopefully.

His breaths didn't seem to be going as fast as before. Tech might be calming down a little bit now. Techno lifted his face off my chest and looked at me. I smiled.

"You feeling better?" I asked. It was hard to think straight, our faces were so close and his eyes were drowning me with their beauty.

"Y-yea. T-thank y-you," Techno broke eye contact with me.

"No need to thank me. You're stronger than you think," I told him. I took the chance to do something I've always wanted to do. I ran my hands through his long hair. It was so much better than I dreamed it to be. It was smooth and not a single tangle. It felt like silk but so much better. Techno closed his eyes and leaned into my hand. He was so adorable, I couldn't take my eyes off him.

"Does that feel nice?" I asked with a laugh in my voice. Tech hummed and laid his head on my chest. I took a deep breath, I wish that it could always be like this. So calm.

There was a knock at the door and we scrambled away from each other. I sat on the floor and Techno laid down on the bed. It was like that never happened.....moment ruined. Ranboo entered the room and told us we could get out of our rooms if we wanted to. Just as fast as he arrived he was gone. I made eye contact with Tech but he quickly turned away.

"It was my fault that you were hurt by them. Why do you care about me? I'm useless," Techno whispered.

"It's because I-" I love you, "That's what friends are supposed to do for each other. We help each other get through difficult times and always have each other's back."

"I'm doing nothing though. I'm not holding up my end of the bargain of being friends," Techno whispered. I sighed, this guy. I can't believe I would die for him.

"Tech......you being here is enough. You're enough. Don't tell yourself otherwise," I say. With that comment I walk out of the room and towards the living room. I need to talk to Sapnap about something. I'll give you a hint, it's about Tech.

Techno's POV:

I'm...enough? That felt weird to think about. All anyone has ever said to me was how useless I was. Now that he's saying this I don't know how to answer. There's no way that can be true.