Chapter 5 ~ Sheath Pt.1

TW: Blood, swearing, self-doubt

Dream's POV:

I was coughing up blood. That can't be good. I zoned out a long time ago, there wasn't much to look at in the small room that Schlatt dragged me into. Doesn't he have better things to do? If I'm 'worthless' according to him, why is he spending time just to make my life a living hell?

"Get him a medic," Schlatt ordered a random servant. My whole body was on fire and I couldn't decide which part of my body hurt the most. He didn't hurt my back any more which is nice because the marks from last time are almost healed, that's the only positive here.

I felt my body being dragged by someone who was much smaller than me. I could tell they were having trouble but I was too weak to help move my own body. I felt a twinge of guilt.

Everything was blurry to me, I couldn't tell where we were going. I was thrown onto something soft that I assumed to be a mattress. I felt drowsy so I closed my eyes and drifted in a dreamless slumber.

-

I woke up and I noticed that I wasn't in the same place I fell asleep. I looked around and quickly realized that I was back in my room. I was laying on the top bunk, how did they even get me up here? I looked around trying to find Techno. They wouldn't take him right? After Schlatt took me he said he would leave Techno alone!

"Tech?" I asked quietly. I didn't want to make too much noise, afraid that if I said it too loud Techno somehow wouldn't be here.

"Oh you're finally awake!" I saw Techno get up from the bottom bunk and smiled up at me. I felt all warm inside, I loved it when he smiled. I just want to hug him and tell him how wonderful he is. He didn't smile enough.

"I'm sorry," He mumbled.

"No! Don't be. It wasn't your fault at all. Please don't apologize," I told him. Techno looked a little shocked at my response but didn't say anything about it. He broke eye contact and looked at the floor.

"How long was I out?" I tried to break the awkward silence. Techno didn't look up at me when he answered.

"2 days."

I gasped, how is it possible to be out that long? Schlatt did get me pretty good but damn...that's a long time. I don't think that's ever happened to me before.

"I was worth it, at least you didn't get hurt," I reassured him. Techno's eyes popped out of his head.

"Worth it?! How is that possible? I'm not worth whatever Schlatt did to you," Techno informed me. I frowned,

"You shouldn't say that about yourself."

Techno looked at me with tears in his eyes, "But I do."

I climbed down the ladder of the bunk beds and wrapped him in a big hug. I could feel his tears soaking my shirt and shoulder but I didn't mind. From what I could tell, he hasn't cried in a long time.

"We're friends right? I would do anything for a good friend," I whispered into his ear. He looked up at me. Techno's head reached up to my chin.

"F-friends??" He asked.

"Yeah, Tech. At least I hope we're friends," We better be friends, I smiled at him.