Hermit Backstories Part 2

Part 2 of many! I'm not doing all Hermits, sorry if I don't get to your favorite. The Hermits that I'm definitely doing are as follows: Ren/Doc, Tango, Xisuma/Ex, Grian, Iskall, and Wels/Hels.

I will probably do more than just those few, but they are the ones I currently have ideas for. If you have ideas, I'll take them!

I changed the timeline of the earlier Hermitcraft seasons a bit and... *Dances in more POV changes*

Category: Hurt/Comfort

Main Character(s): Ren, Doc

TW: Blood, Bones Breaking, Mild Swearing at the end.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ren had been struggling to get out of the metal bands that bound him to the chair. He heard Doc's story and knew what they did here.

They would erase all his memory. They would convince him that they were the side to fight for. They would make him hate his friends. They would destroy who he was.

He wasn't letting that happen.

If... he could actually do anything about it. He couldn't, really. He was stuck here, they could do what they pleased. Ren had begun to panic as they brought out a device that was to attach to his head. Before they could put it on him though, all of the lights shut off and the metal bonds released him.

People forgot about him and ran out the door, yelling something about creepers. Ren stood there until he was sure everyone was gone and ran out as well. The lights in the halls were dim, but working, as he ran through the maze of corridors.

Wait, where am I even going?! He thought suddenly. I don't know this place! He slowed down to a walk, ducking into empty rooms when people came by.

This went on for hours.

After what seemed like forever of the same corridors, the same sounds, and the same people running by, alarms began to blare through the halls. He jumped at the noise and stumbled back into a dark room in an attempt to get away from the loud noise.

An announcement came on saying that potentially dangerous intruders were in the base, heading downwards.

Ren's ears perked.

Is that the Hermits? Probably! They've come to rescue me! He grinned and rushed out of the room with renewed energy. He was going to be home soon.

-POV: Docm77-

"Intruders!" He cried, charging at the group of odd looking people. One, a girl with short brown hair, a pink sweater, and a flower crown, winced at the sight of him. She clearly recognized him.

A blonde haired woman with goggles whipped around and yelled, "We're 'intruding' for good reason! Where is Ren?!" Doc stopped, staring at her, as everyone else exploded into battle around him.

She really seemed to care about Ren. Must be more powerful than we think. Said the logical part of his head. Must be her friend. Said the small part of him that cared for the dog hyrbid.

"You know where he is huh?" She glared at him. "Tell me, or I'll snap your pitiful neck."

An insult.

This woman just insulted him.

Doc didn't care that she was Ren's friend anymore. He just cared about her getting what she was asking for.

He snarled at her and took out his trident. The woman smirked and brandished a sword out in front of her. The two began to fight. Doc ducked away from most of her swipes, until one hit his side. It hit one spot on his side that was the trigger for an explosion.