"Promise me that you will never betray your masters now that you've earned their full trust to stay with you forever"

"We promise" both hedgehogs said with a smile.

The swan pulled herself back and smiled at them, "from now on you two are no longer servants" she stated and shocked the others.

"Huh? But-"

"Not another word, Shadow. I mean what I said" she said before walking back to her desk, "Shadow is no longer a bodyguard and Silver is no longer a maid. You're someone much more important to your masters now, you are not servants anymore" she sighed and sat on her chair.

"How are we going to explain this to our masters' parents?" Silver asked.

"Leave all that matter to me, you two can go"

Shadow and Silver stared at each other for a second before staring back at the Head Servant in confusion.

"Are you sure? Is it really okay? You're letting us go?"

"Yes, one more question and I'll slap you" she said.

"Well...thank you so much for all these years" Silver smiled and bowed his head.

"We will never forget you, Head Servant" Shadow smiled and also bowed his head down for the swan.

They turned themselves around and head towards the door. They looked back at the swan one last time, giving her another soft smile before finally leaving the office. They were finally free from their duties.

When they finally stepped out of the building, their legs started to feel like jelly and they both sat down on the pavement while panting exhaustingly.

"I really thought I was gonna get killed back there" Silver chuckled nervously.

"Same here..." Shadow muttered with his shaky voice.

"W-Well...we better go back now, I'm sure our ma- I mean...I'm sure that Mephiles and Sonic must be worried" Silver gathered all of his strength and stood up.

"You're right, we have to tell them the good news" Shadow smiled and got up, "guess we can say goodbye to our uniform"

Silver looked down to his dress and sighed, "as much as I hate how scary the Head Servant is...she still was the one who took care of me until I met Mephiles. I'm really going to miss her" he smiled.

"Me too, Silver" Shadow pat his back, "but now our purpose is to be by Sonic and Mephiles' side no matter what happens"

"So...our role is still the same but without our uniforms and we don't call them master"

"Yes, basically" Shadow chuckled.

"I can live with that" Silver also chuckled, "come on, let's go home" he said and they both finally made their way back to the college housing.

....
....

Fleetway was looking around the college that afternoon. He was wondering why neither Shadow nor Silver showed up to wait for their masters.

"Are they sick or something?" He wondered to himself.

He sat on the air and leaned back on a tree, waiting for his master's class to end when suddenly he heard his name being called. His ear perked and he turned his face to the right.

"Hi Fleetway!" Silver greeted, Shadow was behind him.

"Woah what's with the casual fits?" Fleetway chuckled.

"Head Servant decided to let us go after what we explained to her last night" Shadow explained and surprised him.

"What- really? You two are no longer servants now?"

"That's right" Silver nodded, "I don't actually feel any different though...but not wearing my maid dress is a nice change" he smiled shyly.

"Well look how lucky you two are" Fleetway smiled, "I'm glad things turn out pretty well for the both of you"

"Thank you" Shadow smiled.

They noticed that some students were walking out of the class, their lesson seem to finally end for the day. Thy saw the three hedgehogs that they've been waiting to meet and called for them.

"Shadow!" Sonic ran to him and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Hey, sorry for the long wait" Mephiles approached Silver.

"I didn't wait long, don't worry" Silver smiled and gave him his tablet.

"Oh wow it's weird to see you guys not in your uniforms!" Scourge chuckled, "so you're not joking when you said they're not servants no more, huh?"

"Heck yeah" Sonic nodded with a smug, "he is legally my boyfriend now" he tapped on Shadow's shoulder.

"Sonic, there is no such thing as a legal boyfriend" Silver stated.

"Yes there is if your parents approve for one!" Sonic exclaimed.

"I'm just glad it all worked out at the end and you don't have to run away from your parents" Scourge smiled.

"We owe it to you, Scourge" Mephiles said, "and I still owe you that chocolate ice cream" he said and made him laugh.

"We should all go to the ice cream café! I haven't had any ice cream since forever" Sonic said and took Scourge's hand, "what do you say? Wanna hang out?"

"From the way you're locking my hands, I don't think I can say no" Scourge teased and booped their noses together.

"You got that right" Sonic giggled and let his hands go, "come on Shadow!"

As the others began to walk, Shadow grabbed Sonic's arm and kissed his forehead. It made him blush and purr.

"I can't wait for us to start planning our future together once we're back home" he whispered.

"Me too, Shadow" Sonic whispered back and gave him a peck on the cheek.

End.