Chapter 6 - No Clue & No Mercy

Sonic went back to college the next day. While he was in his morning class, he almost couldn't focus at the lessons at all. His mind was too occupied with the thought of the horrible marriage while planning a way to get Shadow fall head over heels for him. He sighed and took a few notes down of whatever he could capture from the lecturer.

Mephiles glanced at him, he clearly noticed the stress in his friend. He decided to write something in a paper and sneakily passed it to Sonic. He was a little surprised but took the paper anyway.

"Do you want to talk after class?"

Sonic smiled and wrote a reply before passing it back to Mephiles.

"I'm fine, thank you"

Mephiles glanced at him again after he read the note, Sonic glanced back at him and smiled softly. The paler one sighed and nodded his head.

Before he knew it, the class was over. He gathered up his things and stood up from his seat. He stared at the entrance, he knew Shadow was waiting for him to come out but he wasn't ready. He was so shy to face his bodyguard with the thought of trying to make him return his feelings. He finally decided to step out, he exit the class and saw his bodyguard smiling at him.

He blushed and averted his eyes away, unfortunately Shadow noticed.

"What's wrong?"

"Uh- nothing!" Sonic smiled nervously.

"Is there something bothering you?" The bodyguard asked worryingly.

Sonic wanted to answer with the regular 'I'm fine' but he suddenly had this idea of a way to get close to Shadow. He wasn't sure if it would work but he decided to try it anyway.

"I feel...actually I feel dizzy" he sighed and build the courage up to lean himself on the darker hedgehog.

Shadow was surprised but he was more worried to what Sonic just told him. He took him in an embrace, Sonic actually felt weak that time and his legs felt like jelly. That was the closest he could be with his bodyguard.

"Let me take you home, you must've studied too much" Shadow said and carried him up in his arms.

"God, he's so strong" Sonic thought to himself as he covered his face in embarrassement.

"You seem to be burning up, did you stay up all night?"

"No, I didn't" the blue one mumbled.

"Should I call a doctor?"

"No! I mean- you don't have to. I'll be fine after some rest" he panicked a bit when Shadow was taking it seriously.

They finally reached the house and Shadow lead Sonic straight to his bedroom. As he carried his master up the stairs, Sonic was in a state where he needed to think of a next move to get Shadow close to him.

"Here we are" Shadow placed him down on the bed, "call me if you need anything" he smiled and turned around.

"Ah- wait!" Sonic said without thinking and made the bodyguard stop walking.

"Yes?"

"C-Could you...um.." his voice was almost inaudible that Shadow had to approach him, "could you stay with me?" He said after he thought it on the spot.

"As you wish" Shadow nodded.

"Would it be okay to ask you to sleep next to me?"

Shadow stopped for a moment from the surprising request his master made. He knew how to handle Sonic when he's ill ever since he got his job, but Sonic would never ask for him to sleep on the same bed with him. That was the very first time he had that request and it lowkey shocked him.