Chapter 22 - Final Decision

"Sonic, who is this?"

"Uh- this is Scourge The Hedgehog, he's one of my classmate and best friend" Sonic nervously introduced the other hedgehog in the room.

Scourge approached the couch and sat down in the middle. Mephiles was just as confused as the parents was because he's pretty sure that he and Sonic agreed to not let Scourge be involved.

"So I happen to heard your arguments all the way from the other side of the wall, I kinda wanna add my own opinions on this" Scourge crossed his legs and smirked at the older hedgehogs in front of him.

"Excuse me young man, you're not a part of this problem" Mephiles' mom said, "we suggest you to leave or we will have to-"

"Force me out, yeah yeah I get it" Scourge rolled his eyes, "I'm so used to that" he chuckled.

"Um- Scourge-"

"Anyway!" He said and interrupted Sonic, "you guys are messed up at being their parents, did you know that? You're literally taking away their freedom for the sake of your fortune"

"What? We are not-"

"Let me finish" Scourge, once again, interrupted Mephiles' mom.

"I'm the live witness you two are looking for. You want an honest review of how these two are doing together, don't you? Well guess what? They aren't progressing even for the slightest bit!"

"How can we even trust you?" Sonic's mom asked.

"Ma'am I'm always with them! They never stopped whining about this stupid marriage you guys are planning for them! You guys really suck" Scourge stood up and put his hands on his pockets, "have you ever stopped to think that...maybe...your child isn't a doll? Like, they have feelings too, you know?"

"Okay, first of all, who are you and why do we have to listen to you? You have no place in here to talk to us like that" Sonic's dad said angrily.

"Scourge, son of the head of the Minister of Economics and Finance, so you damn well better listen to me"

The parents were shocked, heck even Sonic and Mephiles were shocked because they never asked him about his parents' job.

"We- we didn't know you're friends with such a powerful kid in the economics industry, Sonic!" Sonic's mom said in shock.

"Oh what? Are you planning to make him marry me now?" Scourge teased, "wow you have such a great mindset, ma'am" he clapped his hands sarcastically.

Sonic's mom blushed in embarrassment while Mephiles' mom looked so offended.

"Think of all the money you can have while your child struggle to keep their heads together! Yeah, it's not such a big deal, right? Being forced to marry someone he doesn't love...being forced to continue the family's company...sounds like a happy life, huh?" Scourge started walking around with a smirk on his face.

"I mean, sure, we're CLEARLY just kids even though we're in college. Why does it matter to think for ourselves? Surely you, as parents, now better than us kids, right?"

"Listen-"

"No, you listen to me" Scourge interrupted Sonic's dad, "has it ever struck you in your tiny little brains filled with cash that you might be the worse parents to ever exist?" He scolded, "don't you know that a healthy life leads to a better life? Well do they look fucking happy to you?" He gestured to both Sonic and Mephiles.

The parents' didn't say anything and just stare at him.

"Well? Do they? They don't, right? But I mean you guys probably know better than me since you're all fully grown adults and they seem ecstatic to marry each other" he put his hands on his hips.

"Hello? Why am I suddenly talking to a wall? Say something" he demanded.

"We...just want to create a better future for them" Sonic's mom muttered.

"Oh wow!" Scourge smiled, "a better future? What, a future where you four will continue to earn cash despite the broken mental state your children are struggling with? Is that what a good future sounds to you?"

"It's better than for them to struggle in life with a small job! They will have it easy if they continue the company! They won't have to start from zero!" Mephiles' mom argued.

"That's true but what makes you think that they can't run the companies on their own? Do you HAVE to merge it?" Scourge raised a brow.

"It's to increase the-"

"Ha! See? it all leads back to your precious fortune" Scourge laughed, "Mephiles' work performance is way better when Silver's around because he's way more useful than Sonic! And Shadow is way better at keeping Sonic happy than Mephiles!" He stated.

He turn around and smiled at his two friends, "sorry guys, no offense" he said and Mephiles and Sonic nodded at him with a smile.

"Kid, you know nothing about running a company, we're doing this for the sake of the family" Sonic's dad stated.

"Excuse me, I'm in the same class as Sonic which means I'm also majoring in economics which ALSO means I'm already learning how to handle economics and financial stuff. Heck, my parents control the economy! You really think as their future successor I don't learn a thing or two about it? Just because I'm so not well-mannerred I'm THAT stupid to you? How old do you think I am? Fifteen?"

Silver and Mephiles stared at each other before staring at their masters, Scourge completely went all out on them.

"But...their future..." Sonic's mom still muttered.

"Ma'am, I assure you that they will give you a better future if you don't force them to live together" Scourge claimed, "running a succesful company doesn't always mean you have to merge two companies together, some companies just need to keep a healthy and consistent work performance"

They all went silent for a moment, it was pretty tense for both Sonic and Mephiles. The two got startled when Sonic's mom let out a sigh.

"Sonic...so you don't want to marry Mephiles?" She asked.

"N-No, mom...I don't want to. I love Shadow and it would mean the world to me if you give us your approval" Sonic said with a shaky voice.

She leaned back and folded her arms, "alright...fine...I guess we can cancel the marriage"

Sonic gasped when he heard that.

"Mephiles, dear, you better promise me that you will lead the company successfully" Mephiles' mom said.

"Yes, I promise" Mephiles nodded.

The two mothers stared at each other before staring at their child again, "the servants better prove us in the future that they are useful to you as spouses" Mephiles' mom said.

Sonic and Mephiles smiled, Scourge chuckled and let out a long sigh.

"Thank you so much mom! Dad! I promise I'll do even better at my studies and for the company's future!" Sonic stood up and hug his parents.

"I will promise the same thing to you" Mephiles smiled at his parents, "thanks for finally approving my relationship"

Shadow and Silver also let out a sigh of relieve, they smiled at each other knowing that their masters can finally be free from their anxiety and they're clearly safe to date their masters without getting in trouble from the Head Servant.

"Scourge, my savior! You're the best!" Sonic ran up to the green hedgehog and hugged him tightly. Scourge hugged back and laughed.

"Anything for my blue ball!"

"At this point I think I owe you my life, Scourge" Mephiles approached him and tap his shoulder, "I'm very thankful to have you as my friend"

"No need to go as far as to owe me your life, all I need is chocolate ice cream" Scourge said and made the other chuckle.

After settling things down with the parents, Sonic and his friends along with the servants finally travelled back to their college housing. They were so excited to start planning their future for real.