Chapter 12 - Rejection

The day was getting darker, Sonic and Scourge still stayed at the other major's campus while hiding behind a building. They were figuring out a plan about leaving the college and stayed somewhere until their parents probably catch them. It was a very risky thing to do especially for Sonic who in the beginning didn't even have the intention to run away.

"If we can fool the security at the gate with our fake message, we could easily get away from here" Scourge stated.

"How do we know how to write a legit message, though?"

"We just have to make it look as official as we could, if that don't work we're going to have to climb from the back to make our way out" the green hedgehog explained, "are you nervous?"

The blue one smiled and shook his head, "not at all, I believe in you"

Scourge smiled back and pat his head, "thank you, running away has never been this fun for me"

For a moment Sonic remembered Shadow, the way Scourge pat his head reminded him of his bodyguard. The thought only lasted for a second as he blush and smiled.

Meanwhile, Mephiles and the two servants stayed at the park for a while as they attempted to contact Fleetway, Scourge's bodyguard.

Silver sent a text to make sure if it was his real number or not. They waited for a reply, they got one but it was a voice call.

"Master, should I answer the call?" Silver asked for a permission from his master.

"Yes, pick it up" Mephiles said.

The albino hedgehog pressed the green button and put it on speaker.

"Good evening, is this Fleetway?"

"Yes, I'm interested with your explanation from the text you sent me. May I meet you in person?"

Silver stared at Mephiles for a second as the pale hedgehog nodded his head.

"Of course, we're all currently at The Economic's Major Main Park"

"Understood, I'll see you in a minute" Fleetway said as they both hung up.

The three hedgehog once again waited patiently for the arrival of the servant they haven't met before. As soon as Fleetway came, Silver instinctively went defensive and almost took out the knife he kept hidden under his maid dress. They didn't expect the bodyguard to be floating and oozing out golden auras around his entire body.

"Silver!" Shadow whispered loudly and hold the maid's arm down, "he's not here to hurt us, don't be violent" he warned.

"Tch, I see you're only good at sensing danger and non-danger than genuine feelings" Silver mumbled upsettingly.

Fleetway noticed but didn't say anything, though to prevent any misunderstanding he decided to stood on the ground.

"Uh...my apologies for startling you" Fleetway smiled apologetically and bowed his head, "I am Fleetway, I'm here for the discussion you offered with me"

Silver calmed down, he turned his gaze to his master and he seemed to be just fine. He tidied his dress and cleared his throat.

"Right...I was the one who contacted you, Silver. This is Shadow and this is my master, Mephiles"

The golden hedgehog smiled at the other two hedgehogs, "a pleasure to meet you" he greeted.

They sat down at an empty picnic table to settle some information about the missing masters. They told each other about specific things they needed to know about both Sonic and Scourge to figure out where they could possibly be hiding at that moment.