Chapter 9 - Sad Maid

Silver saw Shadow following Sonic and his new friend. It's surprising to him when they just had the talk about how his master have feelings for him, yet there he was ignoring Shadow completely.

After waiting for some time, Silver met with his own master who just came out of class. He was seen being close with another one of his classmate, he hated it but he also had to restrain himself. He wanted to keep his words about letting his master be happy with someone.

Mephiles, being used to have Silver nag him, was being pretty cautious with his new close friend. He distanced himself just enough so he wasn't standing very close.

"Ah, I have to meet my parents soon, I'm really sorry but I have to go" the girl apologized.

"No need, I'll see you soon then" Mephiles smiled.

"Alright, bye Mephiles" she smiled back and walked away to meet her servant.

Mephiles met up with Silver, he was actually nervous because he knew his maid probably saw him talking to the girl.

"Sorry to keep you waiting, let's go" he smiled and the maid followed him.

It was strange for Mephiles that silver hadn't talk to him...yet. Did he piss him off that much to the point he didn't want to talk to him anymore? He turned his gaze to meet the albino hedgehog and nervously spoke.

"Um...are you angry?"

Silver stared at him in surprise, "huh? No"

"I just thought you were because you haven't said anything to me"

Silver raised a brow and sighed, "look, I'm not going to try and stop you from being friends with anyone now, okay? I just thought that...it's the right thing to do"

Mephiles confusingly stare at him, "what made you think that?"

Silver blushed and turned his gaze away, "apologies, but that is none of your concern, master"

Something just felt weird to Mephiles about Silver's sudden change in behavior. He knew he should be glad that his maid wasn't trying to nag him anymore but it's just very out of place. For almost his life he would always get nagged by Silver even for the slightest thing that he did wrong.

"Anyway...Mary and I are going to meet up at the library to look for some reference for our work. You're okay with that, right?" He asked and Silver only nodded as a reply.

He was hiding his jealousy from this 'Mary' girl. He thought it'd be easy because he's been living all this time as a maid, but having feelings for your own master only made it hard.

Some time after they had lunch, Mephiles went to the library to meet with the girl from his class. He saw his friend and they both sat down on an empty table with a few books and a laptop with them. Silver watched from afar, sighing.

His master and the girl were sitting pretty close, looking through each books together while talking and occasionally laughing from telling jokes to each other.

"Maybe I should quit..." Silver mumbled to himself.

"Pardon me, are you his maid?"

Silver gasped in surprise and turn his gaze to the one talking to him.

"Y-Yes, I am" he smiled, "are you her bodyguard?"

"I am, nice to meet you" the bodyguard smiled and sat on the chair next to him.

They were silent for a moment, then Silver heard the bodyguard sighing.

"Aren't you just glad whenever your master make friends?"

Silver was a but startled from the question but smiled and nodded his head.

"Yeah, it's nice to see them interact"

Though it hurts like hell.

"It's very nice to see my master having a conversation with someone other than his workers" Silver turned his gaze over to the bodyguard and smiled softly.

"I strongly agree with you" the bodyguard nodded, "I'm also hoping that my master would find a lover soon, she needs to get married after she's done here"

Silver's heart started beating faster, it was mixed with the uncomfortable feelings of anxiety and fear.

Shut up, Silver. Shut your mouth.

"Really? What a coincidence, my master also needs to find a lover"

What are you doing. Stop it. Shut up. Silver, you are going to hurt yourself.

"Maybe it's fate that they met with each other, huh?"

What am I saying?! Shut up!!

"What do you think?"

"Hey you may be right" the bodyguard chuckled.

Silver chuckled back as they stare at their masters. As hard as it was, he was holding back his tears. He was holding back the urge to hurt the girl and to smack the bodyguard for talking to him. He couldn't do it though, for the sake of his master's happiness in life.

Mephiles decided to sneak a glance to his far away maid. He noticed he was chatting with Mary's bodyguard, he was glad that Silver could get along with him.

"Hey, wanna take a break?"

"Hm? That was quite fast, are you tired?" Mephiles asked.

"Yeah, I don't have that much energy to finish this in one day" she chuckled, "let's just continue it tomorrow"

"Oh.." for a moment he saw Silver in his mind.

"You're tired too, aren't you? We could go somewhere or just take a nice small walk to clear our minds" she offered, "what do you say?"

Mephiles wasn't the type to delay homeworks or projects, if he could get it done at that moment he would do it. Not to mention Silver would give him an earful if he was caught delaying important works.

"Uh...I'm actually not that tired. If you want I can get it done for us" he said and pulled the laptop from being in the center to him.

"Huh? No way, you'll make me feel bad about it! I need my fair share of work too, you know" Mary pouted and wanted to take the laptop from him.

"You can go take a break, Mary, I'll handle it" Mephiles smiled.

Mary blushed and averted her eyes away with a pouty face, "oh fine...thank you" she mumbled.

She got up then suddenly leaned over to Mephiles and kissed his cheek in a split second before turning herself around in embarrassment.

"S-See you tomorrow" she said and ran away while Mephiles was still shocked.

"Ah- master wait!" The bodyguard stood up and chased after the girl.

Silver though, he still sat there in shock of what he just witnessed. He wanted nothing more than to slap his master and to kill the girl who kissed him, but he couldn't. He restrained himself even if he almost cried.

Mephiles had no idea about Silver's feelings and just thought that he was going to get in trouble. Silver would definitely slap him after he's done, he could feel it. He fearfully glanced over his maid and to his surprise he looked very calm. Silver noticed him and just smiled.

Acting was far too easy for the albino hedgehog.