Chapter 24 - End

Shadow picked Silver up that night and they have to travel all the way back to where they first started dedicating their lives to their job, The Servant's House. It had been a very long time since they last visited the place.

The Servant's House was a place where it's always visited by kids who have no parents and thought they have no purpose in life anymore. They rebuilt their purpose and chose to serve the rich mobians. Though, anyone was welcome to come to the building if they want to learn to be a good servant.

They went inside the castle-like building and walk through the long corridor. There were so many kids and teens in the house that the two hedgehogs started having nostalgia of when they were still on their training to become a bodyguard and a maid.

They made it to the end of the corridor and stood before the door to the Head Servant's office.

"You knock..." Shadow nudged on his arm.

"Ugh" Silver grunted and nervously knocked on the door.

They heard the familiar voice telling them to come in and Silver turned the knob to open the door. They walk inside and saw the Head Servant writing down some documents before turning her bright sapphire eyes to the two hedgehogs in front of her.

"Well well..." the adult swan smiled, "how rare that I get to see my old students" she put her pen down.

Shadow and Silver stood there in silence, they were too tensed to say anything back.

"Now, on topic" she put her reading glasses down, "what on earth did you mean by you're going to marry your master? Have you forgotten that developing such feelings to a master is forbidden?"

"Yes, ma'am" both Shadow and Silver nodded.

"But...we didn't develop this feelings alone...we're mutual" Shadow elaborated.

"Mutual feelings? You and your masters?"

"Yes, ma'am" Shadow nodded.

"You too, Silver?" The Head Servant asked.

"Yes, we've grown to have strong feelings for each other...our masters have talked to their parents about this and we are approved to be their spouses" Silver stated calmly.

"Hmm" the swan leaned back on her chair.

"So...at some point during your duty as a servant, you actually have such thoughts to date your master?" She asked almost disappointingly.

Shadow and Silver started to feel even nervous and their anxiety rose.

"Did you not feel the least bit of shame from that? You're a servant because you're only meant to serve your master until the day they return you when you are not needed anymore"

The two hedgehogs still didn't say anything and stared down at the floor. They were startled when they heard the chair move. The Head Servant stood up and they could hear her heels tapping on the ceramic floor.

"Well?" She raised her voice.

"Honestly and personally, ma'am, I was ashamed...but when I found out my master and I have mutual feelings it made me glad and happy to ever dream of being with my master" Silver spoke up.

"I have similar reason with Silver, I'm happy that my master accepted my feelings" Shadow added.

They were startled again when the Head Servant stepped closer. She leaned down a little and suddenly gave the two hedgehogs a hug. They didn't know whether they should hug back or not, it was very shocking and confusing to them.

"I'm glad you found a new purpose to be alive, my children..."

Silver and Shadow never heard the Head Servant talked in a very soft voice before, it touched their hearts and they finally decide to hug the swan back.