Chapter Seven, Returning Home

Start from the beginning

        We walked to the living room. Dad sat down in the lounge chair. Damien stood behind the couch and window with me behind him. Hearing bangs from almost all sides of the house came towards the entrance. The first one to come in sight was Romeo. He was wearing gray slacks with an olive green shirt. Then came Dante in his salmon dress shirt with black pants and tie. The third body I see is Mateo. Coming down with his messy black hair and his matching red wine checkered pajama bottoms.

      When Damien's eyes landed on Mateo It was a deadly stare. "Mateo, put a shirt On! And why are you in your pajamas?" Damien said with an annoyed voice while dad glared at him.

       He didn't understand until he saw me hiding behind Damien. "I just got up." Mateo said with a big yawn as he grabbed a sweater from the couch and sat down. The next person to come through the hallway to the living room was Klara also known as Mom. Note to self again mom is Emma, my birth mom. When she saw me behind Damien, she was in tears. Keeping my emotions in check, I tilt my head in confusion and then bury myself back into Damien. 

       Now two people came, Ricco and Dante. They looked very grumpy as if something went wrong. As they both entered the room with their matching nice tuck black and white suit. Ricco sits down oblivious to me in the room and the different emotions. Dante just sits down on the couch and closes his eyes. Romeo, the last brother to join. Just comes in like he is invisible and just stands next to Luca. Who is just standing in the wide opening between the first floor living room and the huge main entrance. Which is very common for a mansion.

      Dad sits up in his chair and clears his throat. "Boys, I would like you to meet your sister, Elma!" He said with a smile and gestured to me to come out from behind Damien. Most of them had different reactions of tears and happiness until Damien pushed me forwards with me on my crutches. Right in front of everyone as I keep holding Butter to me very close against my chest. Their reactions were very happy but sad when they saw the boot and crutches. 

      Emma comes forward with a happy smile. "Hi, Elma. My name is Klara, your mom but you don't have to call me until you're ready sweetly." Klara's words were gentle and sincere. Just standing in front of Damien doing nothing. I turn around to look at Damien and give him wide eyes. Saying I Want Out!

       Mom goes right next to Dad and looks at him. "Ok?" She inquired back to my statement with a surprised expression on her face.

      "I will explain later." Damien settled the family who were in shock.

      Dad stood up noticing my stiffness. "Why don't we eat dinner, it's already six." FINALLY DINNER! We all moved to the dinner room. Dad was at the head of the table with Mom on his right. Damien was across from Mom with Ricco right next to him. Dante sat next to Ricco with Luca across. Luca had an empty seat next to him. The twins Mateo and Romeo sat across from each other near the other end of the table. When everyone sat down I picked the seat which was next to Romeo and straight across to Dad. I wanted to sit next to Damien but he told me to sit here.

       I put my gray crutches on the ground and butter in my lap. "Here!" My brother Romeo gave me a cloth napkin. Romeo notes my confusion. "It's for covering your stuffy." He told me with a straight face.

      "Thank you..." Telling him with a small smile.

      He chimed in and said, "Romeo!" They haven't got over all the names of my brothers yet but knew them from past experience with them.

      The maid came in with a glass baking dish of Lasagna. A plate of Antipasto and Breadsticks on a tray. She also brought out a bowl of Salad and some Roasted Veggies on her second trip to the kitchen. We all nodded to thank her for the meal she had cooked. At least they respect the people who serve them.