8

"I hate you.", the blonde haired boy huffed out as he sat down on the ground, sweat covering his face. His cousin laughed.

"Come on, we both know, you love me. Eventough i still can easily beat your ass. ", he sat down next to the prince. Arthur snorted.

"You're an ass.", gazing at conall with an suddenly intrested gaze.

The blonde haired young man was if he had to be honest, relieved that his cousin wouldn't participate in the tournament.

"So, where have you been the last years?  Morgana and i haven't heard from you at all."

The ginger haired young man, was quiet for a moment.

"I'm sorry about that." Conall said, now serious. "But there were some things i wasn't sure about and ideas, that i needed to confirm. I got caught up at it."

"Yeah...", Arthur mumbeled, remembering all the times when they were younger. "That certainly sounds like you."

"And what about you? What have you been doing for the last years, besides getting your live saved by servants?"

Arthur moaned annoyed.

"Oh shut up! That was just once! And i wouldn't have needed Merlins help, if it wouldn't have been for this sorceres, trying to kill me. Now i'm stuck with this idiot as my servant! Can you believe it?!" He threw his arms in the air.

"But if it weren't for him, you wouldn't be sirting here right now."

Arthur furrowed his brows, but didn't respond.

****

After Merlin felt a little better, he walked down to Guinevere's house so she could help him out with the armor.

"So, you've got the voiders on the arms."Gwen said, pointing out the pieces of armor as she said them.

"Mm-hmm" he nodded.

"The hauberk goes over your chest."

"The chest... He repeated quietly, making sure he did it right. "The arms, the chest."

"I guess you know what to do with the helmet." She handed it to him, raising her eyebrows.

"Erm, yeah" He grinned. "Yeah, that was the only bit l'd figured out. Gwen giggled and he put his helmet on.

"How come you're so much better at this than me?"

"I'm the blacksmith's daughter" She shrugged, half- frowning. "I know pretty much everything there is to know
about armor... which is actually kind of sad."

"No, it's brilliant!" Merlin laughed.

*

Back on the training field, Merlin was helping put Arthur's armor on. He struggled a little, putting the vambrace on Arthur's wrist.

"You do know the tournament starts today?" Arthur frowned.

"Yes... Sire." He said, adjusting different parts of the armor.

He tightened the buckle on the gorget. "You nervous?"

"I don't get nervous." Arthur said with a straight face.

"Really? I thought everyone got nervous."

"Will you shut up?!" Arthur shouted.

Merlin quickly grabbed Arthur's cape, tied it on him and handed him the helmet. "Great. Yeah, I think you're all set."

"Aren't you forgetting something?" Arthur asked, raising a brow. "My sword?!"

"Oh, yeah!" Merlin laughed. "Yeah, sorry. Guess, uh, you'll be needing that." Arthur grabbed the sword and marched off.