5

"Hoi!" Gaius walked into Merlin's chambers, waking him up. "Have you seen the state of this room?"

Merlin groaned and stretched a little, raising his arms. "It just happens." He shrugged.
"By magic?" Gaius raised his eyebrows.

"Yeah."

"Yes. Well, you can clear it up without magic." He tossed some pants at Merlin's face. "And then I want you to get me
some herbs: henbane, wormwood, and sorrel."

He handed a little drawstring pouch with a vial in it. "And deliver this to Morgana. Poor girl's suffering from nightmares."

He threw Merlin's blue shirt at him.

"Mm, I know the feeling..." Merlin muttered as Gaius left.

Merlin wandered through the castle on his way to Morgana's chambers. He passed a Griffin statue and followed some curved steps up to her room. He entered
through the open door and found Morgana fixing her hair.

She didn't see him, and began walking behind her changing screen. "You know, I've been thinking about Arthur. I Wouldn't touch him with a lance pole." She said. "Pass me
that dress, will you, Gwen?"

Merlin stared for a bit and paused uncertainly before fetching the dress. "I mean the man is a total jouster" She
said, slipping the dress off of her shoulder.

"And just because I'm the King's ward, that doesn't mean I have to accompany him to the feast. Does it?"

Merlin placed the gown on the screen.

"Well, does it?"

"Mm-mmm." Merlin said in a high-pitched voice, shaking his head. He had no idea what to do.

"If he wants me to go, then he should invite me, and he hasn't" Merlin tried to figure a way out of the situation. "So
do you know what that means?"

"Where are you?" She turned around and looked over the screen.

Merlin held up one of her cloaks over his face. "Here," he said, mimicking Gwen's voice. After Morgana turned back,
he peeked through the neck of the cloak.

"It means I'm going by myself." Morgana said, and Merlin set the cloak down, about to leave. "I need some help with
this fastening. Gwen?"

"I'm here." Gwen said, entering behind Merlin. Merlin spun around, at the voice. Gwen mouthed, "What are you doing
here?"

Merlin sighed in relief and motioned that he was bringing her sleeping draught, and Morgana needed help dressing.

"Oh." Gwen mouthed and nodded. Merlin laughed silently and left. Gwen walked over to Morgana as she came out from behind the screen in a different dress, carrying
another gown.

"So, it's whether I wear this little tease..." She looked at the royal purple dress she was wearing, then held up a maroon gown. "...or give them a night they'll really remember"

*
*
*

The night had just begun, the stars were obscured by clouds and a full moon adorned the black evening sky when there was a knock on Lady Helen's door.

Lady Helen opened the door without hesitation. In front of her stood a maid with blond, braided hair and a fruit basket in her hand. In it were apples, grapes, and other colorful fruits.

"Lady Helen," she said in a friendly voice, hinting at a bow. "Compliments of the king."

Lady Helen invited the woman inside. There were several candlesticks in the room and a log fire was burning.

"Come in."

The sorceress took an apple from the fruit bowl in her hand.

"So sweet. How will I ever repay him?" she asks.

"When he hears you sing, ha, that'd be more than enough, wouldn't it. I'm really looking forward to the performance," replies the Servant enthusiastically.

"So am i.", replies 'lady helen' and bites in the red apple.

"I love singing. I sing all the time," says the blonde girl as she adjusts the flowers in a flower vase. "My fiancé says I have the voice of a fallen angel."

When the Servant pulls a piece of fabric from the mirror, she sees the old reflection of the sorceress who has disguised herself as Lady Helen. Shocked, she looks from the mirror to Lady Helen. With wide eyes, she realized that she must be dealing with magic here.

She quickly tried to get past the Sorceress and flee outside, but the sorceress grabbed her wrist.

Lady Helen began to hum a melody and the woman in front of her sank to the ground. The sorceress turned to the side again to look in the mirror.

The log fire flickered.