7 (Diner

A very short oneshot to satiate Henry's starvation of Gustholomule content <[•_•]>

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Augustus stared up at the dimly lit sign, squinting to read the red lettering. "Nyoman's Diner"

A quiet bell chimed as he opened the glass door. His eyes scanned the tables and counter, finally settling on who he was looking for. He smiled, walking over to his friend.

"Hey."

Mattholomule looked up, beaming. "Hey." He answered.

Augustus pulled out a chair, sitting across from Matt.

"How are you?"

"I'm alright; here." He passed the boy a neatly folded menu.

Gus took it, studying the cover. Black and red checker patterns decorated the pages, matching with the plastic tablecloths sprucely set out around the cozy restaurant.

"What are you getting?" Augustus asked, looking through the menu.

"Breaded chicken."

"So chicken tenders."

Matt laughed. "I guess so, yeah."

Gus set the menu down, studying the environment around them. Scarlet red lamps on cone-shaped bases hung from the ceiling, casting a pleasant glow on the few patrons. Curtains drawn over dark windows sheltered them from inky shadows. Rectangular tables adorned with silk flowers sat in rows.

"Can I take your order on this fine night?" A charming young waiter appeared next to the boys, holding a blue pen and miniature notepad.

"Hi, uhm, I'll have the Breaded Chicken and a small Coke, no ice."

The waiter looked from Matt to his notes, quickly marking down his order.

"And you?"

"Tomato Caprese and a Huckleberry Milkshake please." Gus answered.

"That'll be ready shortly. Enjoy yourselves!" The waiter walked away from them, presumably to the kitchen.

"How was your day?" Augustus asked, crossing his arms over their table.

"It was good. Steve taught me some of his Guitar."

"That's nice; He's pretty good isn't he?"

Matt laughed. "Yeah, he is." He reached across the table, holding onto Gus' hand.

✧Time skip✧

"Here it is; one Breaded Chicken and Tomato Caprese." Their conversation was interrupted by the arrival of their food.

"That was fast." Gus said cheerfully. "Thanks."

The waiter shot them a thumbs up, then left their side.

Augustus tasted his milkshake, smiling.

"This is really good."

"Can I have a taste?"

"Sure." Gus pushed the glass, expecting Matt to take it.

Instead, Mattholomule confidently leaned across the table, holding Augustus' face to touching his own. Gus blushed furiously, his eyes widening. After a few moments, Matt pulled away, smirking with delight.

"You're right, it is good."

"High school boys." The waiter chuckled to himself.

[Kонец]

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

[401 words]

Eep

I imagined the diner similar to the one in "The Three Friend's Diner", so go read/listen to that if you want more description.

-Marcel