4 (Together

Everyone is aged up a few years here. At the first part of this story, I recommend listening to Paper Doll by Flower Face to make it more vivid. (That's the attached video)

 Also TW: Brief Mentions of Violent Bullying.

Enjoy! 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Sitting on his bed, Gus mindlessly scrolled through Penstagram, soft music playing in his headphones. He had taken refuge in the quiet melody, trying to keep his mind off of the previous hours.

Oneirism and hopelessness creeped its way into his subconscious, sending him into a vivid array of colours and images he had never before experienced. Sitting cross legged on a stream bank, surrounded by trees and bushes, he observed the wildlife around him. Green and orange moss clung onto half submerged rocks. Dragonflies all colours of the rainbow flew through the air, dipping onto the surface of the rushing water from time to time. On the coarse soil in front of him, snails slowly made their way to and from rocks and fallen leaves. He could smell pine wood in the warm breeze.

Gazing across the water, his breath hitched in his throat. A beautiful ginger doe and her fawn had quietly approached on the opposite side of the bank, bending down to drink from the water. Speckled patterns of white spots covered the fawn's back, ending at its large ears. The moisture on its nose sparkled in the patchy sunlight, shining through breaks in the trees above.

The doe looked up and locked eyes with Gus, analyzing him as he stared from across the current.

Deciding he wasn't a threat she broke eye contact, calmly leading her fawn away and into the forest beyond, disappearing into the thick green trees.

Gus laid back onto the soft grass, contently observing the scenery around him.

"Laying awake until morning, counting the cracks in the wall. I'm an empty kaleidoscope, dizzy and gray. I'm a light in your telescope, spinning in place."

A quiet buzz brought him out of the tranquil semblance. Opening his eyes, he saw a notification pop up in the right hand corner of his scroll, which was on his bed rested next to him. Opening it, he was brought to the hexsquad group chat.

Luz: Hey, do you guys want to come over for a slumber party tonight?

Edric: Is that some kind of human thing?

Luz: Yeah, we all just get together and watch movies and stuff, then you all spend the night. It'll be really fun! Can you go? Amity's already here.

Willow: Sounds nice, what time?

Luz: We we're thinking around 6:00

Edric: Okay, I'll head over with Emira

Looking away from his scroll, Gus glanced at the clock on his wall. It was 5:12 pm. Feeling buzzing in his hands, Augustus turned back to the conversation.

Hunter: eww, hanging out in a dingy basement with a bunch of losers

Luz: oh shut up Hunter, we know you're gonna be there

Matt: Cool

Gus closed the group chat and opened his dm's, tapping on Matt's contact. Typing his message, he felt optimism.

Gus: Hi

Matt: Hey

Gus: You gonna go?

Matt: Are you?

Gus: I don't know, I will if you're there.

Matt: Same, I'll be at your house by 5:45

Gus: Oh you don't have to do that, I'll meet you at the Owl House.