× One way home × Chapter 3.

?.??am

Realm of snow

●•●•●•●

" Oh! I am so sorry if I scared ya, bud. " The boy apologized, rubbing the back of his neck. He seemed to be gleaming with life in a place of... Death

" Anyway, I'm Vin. Would you like to be friends? " Vin asked, looking somehow happier.

" Ehh.. I am Harriet. Harriet Chaunte. " She bowed respectfully, used to doing that when talking to new people.

The boy looked confused. Harriet rose up from her position and looked at Vin with the same confusion.

" Why are you bowing? I'm no royale blood! " Vin said while pouting. He wasn't used to such respect, because he was mostly alone.

" Aren't ya cold by the way? It is freezing and you are wearing some loosely put bandages! " He said after realizing her very small option of clothing.

Harriet shook her head, not feeling the cold anymore, having become numb to it hours ago. Vin put his hand on Harriets cold one, and gasped at the coldness.

" Your hand is freezing cold! You will die of hypothermia! Come on bud, we need to get you warmed up. " Vin yelled as he started running towards an unknown direction. Harriet followed him, not knowing any better.

Soon they arrived at an old wooden cabin, which had a layer of snow covering it. There was a path carved out to make it easier to get inside.

Vin opened the door with ease, pulling Harriet inside with him. He put Harriet to sit on the couch Harriet sat there with her hands in her lap.

Vin went into a room and came back with a thick blanket. " Here ya go, this should warm you up for now! " Vin said happily.

After a few seconds of comfortable silence, Vin broke it.

" So, who are you and what are ya doing here? "

●•●•●•●

End of Chapter 3.
Word count: 309