"Yes, sir."

"Good, now get on over here and do it." Senior demanded, Derrick pouted as he got up.

"It still sucks because this is going to take forever. I'm not ever gonna be able to finish it." Derrick huffed.

"Never say never boy." Senior scolded, smacking the back of his head.

"With hard work and dedication you will. Don't you want to build buildings and sky scrapers, boy? You think you can do that in a day? You think you'll start off big? You gotta plant a seed and watch it grow into a tree, hear me. Like this tree right here. Planted it when your daddy was a boy like you." Senior voiced, rubbing the tree affectionately.

"Yes, sir."

"Alright, now let's get to work. Toughen up, Akiro." Senior spoke, plopping back down in his seat resparking his cigar.

"What?"

"It means bright boy, son." Senior answered.

"Ohhhh." Derrick nodded, a light blush to his cheeks.

From summer break start to finish Derrick worked on his shed turning tiny home. Working vigilantly with the taste of achievement on his tounge. When the outside was done, he found love in furnishing it. Taking it a step farther to hand make his furniture. His grandfather schooling him on the art of upholstery. Finishing his tiny home after a year of hardwork. The last touch being a paint color change. Deep forest green wet and dry splotches covering his body as he stared at his work.

"Oh my goodness DJ. Look at you!" Debbi cheered, pride blooming as she looked at what her 9 year old had built from the ground up.

"Why such an ugly green?" Dawn tossed, Derrick scowled flicking his pant brush at her. She gasped as green sprayed her body.

"YOU LITTLE TURD!" She screeched, chasing after her little brother.

"He really did all this himself?" Don asked, looking at his father in awe.

"Aside from the electric things. He's been working, all those splinters you've had to dig out have paid off. Why don't yall go in there check out the inside. Cut that swamp cooler on while you at it." Senior nodded.

"Akiro! You cut that out now! We don't go beating up on girls!" Senior snapped, Derrick huffed letting his sister out of the headlock.

"She started it." Derrick huffed.

"Yeah, well I'm finishing it. Act y'all age now. You supposed be showing ya mama and daddy what you made. How you doing that tussle in the dirt like some pigs?"

"Yes, sir." They grumbled in unison.

"Dawn, you go fetch that lemonade from you Nan. Hotter then a witches titty out here." Senior tossed, wiping the sweat from his head with his rag.

"What am I gonna do now, grandpa? You think I need a pool? Like one that goes in the dirt." Derrick asked.

"Alright Akiro, slow down boy." Senior laughed, shaking his head at the boy. Gifted in the arts and spirit. He knew his grandson was going to be a force to reckon with. It was in his blood after all.