Chapter 2: Get what you want no mater who gets hurt

ابدأ من البداية

I messaged my neck, relieving some of the tension I had been holding in.

Luke stepped into my office.

"What's on my schedule today?" I asked trying to retain my anger.

"Your mother has been calling sir," he spoke looking at my schedule.

Another problem. I flipped my phone over to see at least fifty missed calls from her. Even after countlessly warning her, she insisted on having a surprise party for me anyways. I didn't feel like pretending to be surprised so I just didn't show up. I'm sure she has a mouthful to say about that.

"Ignore her," I answered looking up from my phone.

"She says that she was in a serious accident." He continued.

I sighed. "You know that she is only going through her five stages of looking for attention, she'll stop eventually," I answered.

He nodded.

"What else is there?" I asked.

"Forbes magazine would like an interview with you sir." He continued.

"Tell them I'm not interested; I don't have the time to speak to some reporter when I could actually be doing something meaningful with my time," I spoke.

He nodded again, crossing something on the iPad.

"You also have a meeting with the architecture for your new restaurant in Rome, they need your approval. I managed to secure a meeting with Leonardo Pierce, he should be here in less than half an hour." He continued.

I leaned back into my chair.

If my new project for my new building was going to get through, Leonardo had to sell the property to me. It was the perfect construction site, rumor has it that there were already several people placing their offers, including our competitors.

"There is one more thing," He spoke.

He handed me the I-pad showing me a picture of a magazine cover.

'Romance blossoming between Tristan Montenegro and heiress Maddison Riley'

"When was this released?" I asked. Analyzing the tabloid.

"This morning," He answered.

Didn't people get tired of making up things about other people's lives?

Something told me this had my grandfather's name written all over it. I knew how he operates.

"This is ridiculous, don't people have something better to do with their lives?" I spoke. "Who is she anyways?" I asked returning the I-pad to him.

"The obsessed girl who won't stop calling the office," He answered.

"Great, another pathetic girl that probably needs to be sent to a psychiatric hospital," I answered.

My phone beeped again; it was another text from my mother.

I thought the whole point of moving out of your parent's house was so that they can leave you alone.

"Mr. Pierce is here early sir," he spoke.

"You can tell the receptionist to send him in," I spoke.

"I must warn you, sir, he isn't one of your problems you can just throw money at. That ground means a lot to him, you would actually have to convince him." He warned.

From what I have heard, he was in his late fifties. There were a lot of rumors around him, he got married at a younger age and then got divorced, losing half of his family fortune. He didn't have any kids or family left. This meant he wouldn't be that hard to convince considering the pathetic state his life was in.