SEQUEL - Chapter 27

Start from the beginning

She would do everything to crush them should they even think about coming within three steps of her unborn child. Joanna could live without the Lauda's wealth and properties. Losing the Lauda house would hurt, but it was nothing compared to being forced to give up her only child.

"It has to wait for now." The Austrian said, the pile of documents rested next to her, but with no intention to look at it now. She would have to get her lawyers involved. Try to lose the chains the foundation is, but as long as the boy was still unborn, as long as she carried her son within her, there was no chance the foundation could take him from her.

There was still time. Time to sort things out with Max and reach an agreement, to find a way to protect their son, but first she wanted to make one last attempt to save what could no longer be saved. All Joanna had now was hope.

Hope dies last, but it dies too.

"Miss Lauda..." Adrian protested. He had seen how the foundation had taken children from the ladies of this very house to foster them despise their mothers being well and healthy, ready to take care of their children.

"Ready the jet. I need to visit someone." The young Austrian spoke up before Adrian could say another word. Joanna had made up her mind, her directions were set, she knew what she had to do.

"Of course, may I ask where to?" The butler asked, so he could let the crew of the jet know.

"LA," Joanna spoke before she turned around again to look out of the window. "I need to go to LA."

<><><>

Despite knowing that the flight would take half a day, Joanna wasn't ready to land without knowing if it would be day or night. She was terrible moody, as she always was after such long flights, but what was new was the kicks her son gave her at the lack of movement. He was no fan of long flights either, which made Joanna promise him that they wouldn't fly long distance once he's born until he was five or something. Just inner Europe flights for the future.

The car drive was too short to relax, but Joanna was glad the moment she stepped outside into the hot night air of LA and found the familiar house in front of her. Moving to knock on the door, Joanna waited a moment, her eyes moving to the children's toys in the front yard. Maybe she should have called before coming here that late at night.

"After all this time, you're looking at me as if I'm a stranger again. I can't say I'm not hurt, Jens." The Austrian greeted her friend, as Jenson opened the door, looking at her surprised or as if he had seen a ghost, his son on his hip, who happily babbled at his father, causing Joanna to give a soft smile. She would have that soon as well. She hoped her boy was taking after his father.

"Joanna Lauda." He said after a moment he needed to collect himself, a smile blooming on his face before he stepped down the one stair to hug Joanna to his body. She looked tired but well, almost glowing.

"It's good to see you," Jenson muttered, before pulling away and trying to make his son let go of the strain of Joanna's golden hair, he was holding onto without pulling the Austrian's hair.

"I'm sorry for that." He told her, but Joanna just laughed and freed her hair, before tipping on the little boy's nose, which caused him to giggle.

"It's more than fine." She told him, unable to stop herself from allowing her hand to rest on her baby bump, causing Jenson's eyes to follow her movements. He had heard a lot coming from Europe, the broken arm was no surprise, the baby bump on the other hand was unexpected.

"Please say it's not from me. I never came that close to you, not that I remember." He joked which caused Joanna to give him a light shove against his shoulder.