Chapter 42

"Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho, it's off to graduation we go!" Katie tried her best to whistle, but couldn't. Cassie laughed at her as she made her way to Katie's car that was parked along the curb of her building. Katie was leaning on the passenger door in her cap and gown.

Cassie still had her's neatly packaged in her arms.

"Put that on!" Katie squealed. "Come on, it's a great day! We're graduating and you and that man of your's can be free to date!"

They both got into the car as Cassie told her, "We've been free to date. This just means we can stop getting reported by jealous bitches."

Katie snorted. "Oh, you mean like our lovely Mads? Did you hear she isn't graduating?" Cassie gave her a double take. "Yeah, Breck called me last night after she went over to his in a frenzy. Apparently, your man failed her. He's the first professor to not give her an A for her boobs or sex."

Cassie's jaw tightened. "But anyways, I guess she didn't do any of the papers he assigned them. She decided to do the final one once she realized she wasn't going to get what she wanted and the highest score she got was a D plus. It didn't boost up her F, so she failed. She has to take it again before she can get her degree."

"Yeah and hopefully they'll hire someone new by then," Cassie grumbled. "It was painful enough hearing her attempts to get him in her pants. I can't go through that again."

"Well, as it so happens, they have hired someone. A woman this time so she'll actually have to do the work again. Unless this one is a lesbian, she's out of luck once again."

Cassie sighed. "It doesn't matter, anyways. He doesn't think he's going to come back after Summer."

Katie eyed her carefully as she drove. "What does that mean? Is he going back to England? Are you going with him?"

She shrugged. "Don't know yet. I don't think he even knows. His plan was to stay here a year, and then dip. He does want to take me to London, though. Says he wants me to meet his parents."

Katie wiggled her eyebrows, making Cassie laugh. "Are you nervous?"

"Very! I mean, I just turned twenty-eight! God, I have no idea what they're going to think of the age gap. He told me they're fine with it, but I have a feeling he's lying to make me feel better. I've overheard his calls with them and most of the time he's defending our relationship. I think he's hoping they'll change their minds once they meet me, but I doubt they will."

"Of course they will! That man adores you and if they really love their son, they'll see that and they'll accept you! Don't worry about it."

They got to the school just a moment later and parked amongst the hundreds of cars outside of the school's football stadium. Cassie changed into her cap and gown as they headed towards the entryway for the grads.

While they were supposed to line up in order by last name, her and Katie decided to forego that rule. "I'll stay seated when the M's are called and hop in line when they call for the R's! Nobody is going to notice."

One person, however, did and that was Ben. When the graduates made their way out and sat in the seats, he was looking for her from his place with the other professors. He spotted Katie sheepishly smiling as he slowly shook his head with a smirk.

Sam and May were too engrossed in getting good pictures of their daughter from the stands, they didn't notice.

When the M's were called and Cassie walked on stage to accept her degree, she got a heap of shouts and cheers from her family. She got a modest clap from Ben and a wink over the rim of his sunglasses. She tried not to blush, but decided to blame it on the sun if anyone asked.