Chapter 31

"You can't tell her."

"Um...fuck you? She's my best friend and you can't just tell me what I can and cannot say and to my best friend of all people."

Ben had to take in a deep breath to calm his nerves. It's not that he was angry, but scared from the look she was giving him. "You are correct and I am sorry. That is not what I am trying to do, however. If we want to keep this under wraps until graduation, nobody can know."

"Oh, so you're telling me you have no problem keeping me a secret for five months? I am seeing red flags already."

Ben put his hands up to his face and grunted loudly. He slowly dragged them down, then said, "Bloody hell, I forgot how much of a brat you can be."

She pushed him with her foot as she gasped, "Hey! But you do love it."

He grabbed her foot and pulled her down until she was fully laying on the bed. He hovered over her as he lovingly said, "I do. Very much, in fact." He kissed her until her mind went numb. "If you think I'm not dying to tell every bleeding person on this Earth..."

He carted his fingers through her hair and lightly massaged her head. She hummed in approval and it made him smile. "I know she's your best friend, but promise me you won't tell her. If she finds out, you can send her my way and I will take all the blame."

She arched her back as the hand that wasn't massaging her head went to her hip. "I can't promise," she told him.

He sighed and stopped massaging her head. "Well, at least you're honest."

She breathed out a laugh. "No, not like that. I won't tell her, but I can't promise what will happen if I have any alcohol or drugs in my system. If she does get mad, then yes I will be sending her your way and I thank you for your sacrifice."

He laughed, then gave her a soft kiss. "Thank you," he whispered against her lips. "We should get back to sleep." He read the clock that said it was nearly four in the morning. When he looked back to Cassie, her eyes were closed and her head slightly to the left.

He smiled, then got himself down next to her and brought up the covers. He held her from her side and breathed a kiss into her hair before he fell into a deep sleep.

The next time he woke up, it was nearly noon. He stretched and opened his eyes to the harsh light her window was bringing in. He couldn't see because of it, so he moved his hand around to find Cassie. All he got was an empty bed.

He faced away from the window and opened his eyes. He was definitely in bed alone. He got up and trudged his way down the hall and into her living room. She wasn't there. He checked the kitchen, but only found a folded up note on the table.

"There's no fucking way," he mumbled to himself. He quickly picked up the card with his heart racing.

Went to the store. Be back soon.

xoxo Cass

He let out a deep breath. "Are you just seeing that?" He nearly yelped and jumped out of his skin as he spun around. Cassie was standing there with a couple of bags in her hands. She set them down on the counter. "I left hours ago. I still have so much more shit in my car."

His heart rate cooled down enough where he could find his words. "Let me get on some pants and a shirt and I'll come help you." He was quick to get dressed and down to help her in no time. It took a few trips, but they managed to get it all.

"I think you should come to mine from now on," Ben said as he looked down onto the street from her window. One of his students was mingling outside the building. They nearly ran into each other in the parking garage while he was getting the groceries.

"That might be best," she said as he put everything away. "You'll have less of a chance killing yourself in your room, I'm sure. No papers and junk scattered over the floors." She reached up to put flour away on the highest shelf, but couldn't reach it.

Ben came up from behind her and took it. He easily placed it on the shelf. He put his lips to her ear. "It's also very secluded." They both laughed a little. "Would you spend this weekend there with me?"

She looked up at him as he looked down at her. "That sounds nice," she told him. "It would be nice to get out of the city, too."

He hummed, then brought his mouth down on her's. He slowly moved his hand up the front of her body and to her throat. He gave the tiniest squeeze that caused her to let out a little squeak. He chuckled darkly into her mouth. "My, my did we enjoy that?"

She took in a deep breath because, honestly, she wasn't that into it. She didn't want to hurt his feelings or his ego so she ended up just not saying anything. He furrowed his eyebrows and took his hand away from her neck.

"Or did you not? Tell me, darling, I want to know your limits." He sweetly nuzzled his face into her own and gently squeezed at her hips.

She eased right into him as she admitted, "Not really. I don't know I'm not into the danger stuff, you know? I don't like choking or pain. Spanking is the only thing I'll tolerate."

He wrapped his arms completely around her and brought her back into his chest. "See? Not so hard, is it? If you don't like what I am doing, I will always want you to tell me. I will never be offended, I will never be angry."

She huffed out a laugh as she asked, "Is this what it's like to date an older man? I get chivalry instead of complaints?"

He laughed a little, but deep down he felt bad. He doesn't understand how any man, no matter the age, could ever shame or complain about what a woman doesn't want to do. It's almost inhumane to him.

"You will never hear me once complain," he promised. "If you don't feel like giving me a blowjob for a few days, it doesn't mean I'll retaliate and not go down on you. If you don't like how I'm handling you during sex or if I'm causing pain, I will stop and figure out what it is you need from me. This goes for everything, by the way, not just sex. I want you to be open and honest around me."

He kissed her once more, then tapped her butt. "Come on, I'm starved. Shall we make something, or go out?"