32. Strange

'This is strange.' Everly said as she closed neds door. 'No one cares no one.' She said pulling him to her. 'I bet I could kiss you in the middle of the streets and no one would bat an eye.'

'Probably.' He agreed 'People have grown used to roberts... infidelity I'm sure seeing the hand of the king with a lovely lady such as yourself is nothing exciting.'

'It's just strange. No sneaking around, well maybe just a little.' Everly remarked as he kissed her.

'I love you so much.'

'I love you more,' Everly told him

'I love you most.' Ned countered

'No possible,' Everly told him kissing him again

'Entirely possible.' Ned assured picking her up her legs wrapped around him as he moved them to the bed. 'I never thought I could be so happy in a place like this. I thought nowhere would feel like home except winterfell,' ned told her as he stared down at her and she smiled softly up at him. 'But home is where you are.' Ned told her kissing her again and drowning all her senses.

++

'Good news?' Petyr said approaching Ned in the throne room Ned held a scroll tightly in his hands. 'perhaps you would like to share it with your wife?'

'Catelyn is in Winterfell' Ned told him.

'Is she?' Petyr grinned walking past him. Ned followed him begrudingly into the city, down to one of Petyrs brothels.

'I thought she would be safest in here, this is one of the safer establishments I know-' Ned pushed Petyr up against the wall.

'you're a funny man you know that?' Ned said 'a very funny man.' he said strangling him

'Ned.' catelyn called from above, ned released Petyr and moved to the Brothel.

'The starks and their tempers,' Petyr muttered following him in.

'I wish I could see the girls.' catelyn said anxiously looking around.

'It's too dangerous.' what was she doing here why leave Winterfell? He was free of her and she had to keep popping up.

'just for a moment.' Catelyn suggested hopefully.

'Until we know who the enemy are-' Ned began

'I know it is the Lannister's in my bone they are not to be trusted I know it.' Catelyn assured him.

'If little fingers right I can't do anything without proof.' Ned reminded her.

'And if you find the proof?' Catelyn questioned.

'Then I bring it to Robert and hope he is the man I once knew.' Ned informed her.

'You are a weak man.' Catelyn informed him, walking off. Weak? Being in a place where Hands of the king were being killed off possibly... brave enough to stay in place to try and protect his oldest friend... no weak. Ned was always the problem he rolled his eyes annoyed, Petyr saw the distaste Ned had for Catelyn.

When ned got back to the palace he was in a bitter mood. Until he saw Everly.

'Oh my goodness.' Everly exclaimed her hands to her mouth to cover her gasp. 'She is new at this.' Everly reminded Syrio.

'She will learn fast or lose fingers.' He teased.

'I got this Ms. Everly.' Arya assured picking up the blade again.

"I know you do my little warrior.' Everly assured. "She is going to have bumps and bruises covering her after her lesson.' Everly whispered back to Ned.

'But she is having fun?'

"The most fun, I have never seen her smile so widely before. This is what she is meant to do.' Everly told him.

'I love that you are here.' Ned whispered pulling her away from Arya's lesson.

"I love being here but I'm worried about Jon.'

'Lord Tyrion should be back soon enough I'm sure he will be telling us how wonderful Jon did at the wall. How he is everyone's favorite and how he made friends already.' Ned offered.

'He is such a good boy, I don't want the wall to break him.' Everly whispered as they walked hand in hand, it was a strange feeling doing this, being so open but each day they were at the capitol the more it felt like this was the life they would have had. 'I wanted to raven him but is it too soon? Is that too needy? Checking up on him already?' everly questioned. 'but how long does it take for a raven to get to the wall, it could be forever, and then if he wrote back that could be another-'

'Write him.' Ned told her. 'He would be glad to hear from you.'

'It's not too soon I don't want him to think that I don't trust him, or that I'm not proud of him. I just want him to know I'm still thinking about him, still love him.' Everly told Ned softly.

'He knows you love him but write him. I know he would be glad to hear from you.' Ned assured and Everly nodded.

"I miss him, Robb, Bran, Rickon, Theon too, I miss my boys.' Everly told him.

'I know love but Robb is doing well as lord of winterfell, I know it. We just have to hope that we raised them to be strong men, with good hearts and plenty of courage to do what is right.' Everly nodded.

"You are right.' She agreed. 'I still miss them.' she added. 'But I'm glad I'm here with you.'