21. Good Night

'It's raining; it's pouring. The old man is snoring. He bumped his head on the top of the bed, And couldn't get up in the morning.' Everly knocked a gentle fist on the side of brans head he smiled up at her

'It's raining; it's pouring. The old man is snoring. He bumped his head on the top of the bed, And said everly look at this bump on my head!' Bran fell back into the pillows laughing.

'I remember that one.' Jon remarked and Everly smiled up at him.

'Yeah?'

'You always have the best stories and songs.' Jon told her.

'Jon I heard from your uncle Benjen.... I heard you were thinking of the wall.' Everly blurted out.

"Yeah.' Jon said slowly.

"Why?' Everly questioned through a sad breath.

 'you and Lord Stark are going to the capitol with the girls. There is no place for me here with out you.' Jon told her honestly and her heart dropped.

'I don't have to go.' Everly told him.

'What place do we have without Lord stark?" Jon questioned and Everly opened her mouth to answer but he was right and her jaw slowly closed. 'Everly, I love you so much but I think I need to do this. I can be someone greater than myself.' Jon told her and she hugged him, holding him to her. tears filling her eyes.

'It's not going to be easy at the wall.' Everly told him still clinging to him.

'I know, its going to be hard work, training and learning and.... I think I can do this.'

"But the nights watch is forever. I wont see you again if you go.' Everly told him and he pulled back wiping at her eyes.

'You used to tell me when I was little that no matter how far apart we are we are always under the same stars so we are really never that far apart.' Jon recalled.

'but I will miss your handsome face.' Everly said running a hand along his cheek.

'Uncle Benjen is a ranger he travels all over, maybe I could be a ranger and then I could visit you all the time.' Jon told her.

'You will do great things no matter where you go... I just want you to be sure. Criminals, the wall is where criminals are sent when they don't want to die. You are not a criminal you are my wonderful boy.' Everly told him her nose sniffled as she tried to hold back tears.

"Not all men are criminals, uncle Benjen went because he wanted to serve a bigger purpose, to fight whats beyond.'

'You really want this?"

"I do.' Jon told her and Everly nodded stiffly.

"Okay, then I support you. But if you change your mind I support that too.' Everly told him quickly.

'Thank you. That means a lot.'

+

'I talked to Jon and he is set on going... I have to support him because you are right.' Everly told Ned.

"Of course I am.' He mused pulling her to him.

'We raised him and he is skilled and strong and brave and is destined for more than winterfell.' Everly told him. 'I'm just going to miss him is all.'

'Me too.'

'When does the king want to go back to the capitol?" Every questioned.

"Not sure yet. He is enjoying the brothels far too much at the moment.' Ned informed her and Everly's face scrunched up.