//26//:Supposed couples

Zacznij od początku

"That's cool." He muttered but I heard him. I curved my lips into a small smile.

Suddenly, his phone started ringing. It was a video call from Amma.

"Assalamu Alaikum Amma." He utterd his taslim.

"Wa'alaikum Salam. How are you doing?"

"Fine." He replied curtly. I saw her rolled her eyes.

"Where's Sabrina? I want to see her too." Amma voiced out. I quickly came forward so that she could clearly see me. He passed me a glare which I just shrugged.

"Amma! I miss you so much! How's everyone at home?" I grinned widely.

"They're all fine. How's the boy treating you,hope he's not being too hostile?" She quirked a brow. I placed my hands on my waist and replied, "He's not, even if he does, you know your daughter too well. I'll teach him a good lesson!" I was standing while he held the phone with his legs folded on the mat. He tilted his head up and threw daggers my way. Don't worry, I mentally dodged.

"What?" I questioned as I stared down at him.

"Good night Amma." He uttered as he was about to end the call I swiped the phone away from him.

"We weren't done talking!"

"You have a phone,give it back!" He ordered as he rose to his feet. I moved backwards turning my attention back to Amma.

"If he does anything foolish,don't hesitate to inform me. I'll break him." She assured me as I burst out into giggles. If looks could kill......

"I wanted to inform you two about your resumptions. The two of you are to stay at home without stepping foot in any of your companies for thirty good days."

"What?" Jerkilace and I exclaimed in disbelief.

"What do you mean thirty days? I have a lot to take care of in the office and I have about three photo shoots this month. Amma tell me you're kidding?" He raised a brown in a questioning manner as though he was about to lose his mind. His veins were slowly popping out. He really is a workaholic.

"Oh, but I'm serious alright."

"But Amma, I have tons of things to take care of. I'm handling a new project at Sapphire Iris." I complained trying to talk her out of it.

"Your assistants and secretaries will take care of it. I've said what I have to say. You two should get to know each other, who knows maybe you might actually become friends!" With that, she hung up.

So you're telling me that I'm not going to work for thirty days? It's bewildering to be honest. I trust my employees to handle everything and with Mimi as the president, I'm sure we'll be in good hands. Besides, I need my rest. Unlike this workaholic next to me who seems to be addicted to his phone.

I'm almost a hundred percent sure that he has many people to take care of his company and his family's company but he'd rather do it himself.

"Pff, friends my foot!" I blurted out as I sauntered back to my room. I wasn't hungry so I just went straight to bed.

________________________________
After praying Subh prayer, I took my bath and went outside to work out a bit. There was a basketball court and a small gym in the house so it made everything a lot more fun. After that, I changed into a green lace that was sewn into a mermaid gown. According to my sisters, I'm still a bride so I should dress like one for at least a week which I'm very sure isn't going to work.

I strolled to the kitchen as I met Jerkilace eating on the dining table. Am I ever going to get used to it?

"Good morning." I greeted which he responded with a simple nod. Jerk. Apparently, I'm not going to start cooking until a week after my marriage. I find it really weird because I'm dying to cook. Ever since the whole wedding stuff started, my aunts refused to let me cook anything. Their weird traditional beliefs is driving me nuts.